One thing we all love is ice cream, and with the weather we have been having this week. What better way to cool off with a yummy cooling snack.
I was really struggling with the heat yesterday, being at an age where you suffer hot flushes, is even worse when the weather is hot. I just seemed to be getting hotter as the day and evening went on.
This in turn makes me irritable and grouchy, and to make it up to my poor long suffering family I am making some of my easy homemade ice cream.
What I love about this recipe is that it is quick and easy to make, and you do not have to spend out on costly ice cream making machines. Or keep having to remember to go and stir it while in the freezer to stop it crystallising.
1 x can of Carnation Condensed Milk
1 x tub of Double Cream
Whisk the cream until thick and then pour in the condensed milk and thoroughly mix together
That is all you need for the basic ice cream mix.
See below for flavour ideas – but you just put in a freezable container with a lid and leave to freeze
- I usually add some vanilla essence for a basic ice cream
- Use the Caramel Condensed milk instead of the normal one, for a toffee flavour
I usually add
- Cookie Dough – this is C’s favourite – just break the cookie dough and stir into the ice cream mix
- Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Chocolate/Strawberry Sauce – this gives a ripple effect
- Fudge pieces – even nicer if using the caramel condensed milk
I have not got on well with putting fresh fruit into the mix though, but apart from that there are so many options you can try.
Then you just sit back and wait for it to freeze.
What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Have you seen my other quick and easy family favourite recipes