If you or your partner suffers with stress, you may find that you grind your teeth when you sleep, you may have a condition called Bruxism.
What is Bruxism?
Bruxism is where you grind your teeth when you are asleep, you may not have any symptoms and even know you are doing it. Or you may find you suffer with an aching jaw or headaches when you wake in the morning.
Symptoms of teeth grinding include
- facial pain
- pain and stiffness in the jaw joint – temporomandibular disorder (TMD)
- disrupted sleep for either you or your partner
- worn-down teeth, which can lead to increased sensitivity and even tooth loss
- broken teeth or fillings
The pain often disappears when you stop grinding your teeth, you should see your dentist if your partner tells you about your teeth grinding, your teeth feel worn or sensitive, you suffer jaw, face or ear pain.
I have often spoken about TMD as this is something my Daughter suffers with along with her chronic illness, and it is actually quite common.
DenTek Platinum Dental Guard
The DenTek Platinum Dental Guard combines the ease of a ready to wear dental guard with the customization of a formed guard. Which will protect against damage caused by night-time teeth grinding with the customized guard for ultimate comfort.
- Band adjusts two ways to customize the length and angle while comfort strips adjust for a custom fit
- Ready to use right out of the box, no boiling water, heating, or molding required
- 2 way adjustable band and cushioned bite pads
- Contoured bumpers for comfort
- 6 month protection guarantee
- Includes antimicrobial storage case
As I stated above and in previous posts my daughter suffers with TMD, and she has a mouth guard she uses which we had moulded for her at the dentist. She uses this at night to help her jaw. She hates using it and often I will find she has taken it out during the night when asleep.
I asked her to try this guard, and she found it much easier and much more comfortable than her proper dentist guard, and she kept it in all night and did not moan about it the next morning.
If you or your partner suffers with grinding their teeth, DenTek are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a Platinum Dental Guard. To enter see below
If you are feeling lucky why not try my other great giveaways currently running