After the dark grey months of Winter, it always puts a smile on my face to see Spring on the horizon. With the days becoming sunny and colour springing up around us.
This often makes many of us look around our homes and start the Spring clean. If like my home we do tend to accumulate clutter and from time to time need to do a huge de-clutter.
I have out a checklist together to help you declutter your home, and help keep it declutter throughout the year.
1. One room at a time
Start with a positive mind and tackle one room at a time, this will make it a lot less daunting.
- Sorting out – Start by sorting out what is to be thrown away and what is to keep. This is the part I find most satisfying and we are pretty strict on what we keep.
- Does it need to be in here – Once you have sorted out everything to get rid of. Ask. yourself does this need to be here? If not add to a pile of where it should be of pack it up to store away.
- Move things around – Can you move the room around to give a bit of a change
- Decide on where the items you are taking out go – In a lot of houses this will usually be the kids bedrooms, but if you find you have a lot of items that no longer fit, but you do not want to get rid of. Find storage solutions that work for you.
With all the clutter out of the room and everything in its place, you are ready for the next stage of cleaning.
- Wash your curtains and net curtains
- Clean skirting boards
- Clean windows
- Shampoo carpets and rugs
- change throws
If you take these steps one room at a time you will find you will get through the Spring clean, without realising it is such a huge task.
Have you started your Spring clean yet?