Last week marked the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing. Where Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins marked history on their epic journey to the moon in Apollo 11.
If like me you watched the many programs celebrating the 50th anniversary, still amazed at watching it as if it was the first time, hearing that famous phrase
one step for man one giant leap for mankind
Even now I find it amazing to watch, still in awe of what they did and watching those first steps on the moon.
Zippo Lighters have launched a special edition lighter to mark the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Celebrating the first time humans set foot on the surface of the moon.
The moons cratered surface is rendered with Zippo’s newest process, texture printing which captures all of the detail. With the astronaut figure which is deep carved while the US flag and moon landing on the back are laser engraved. The lighter comes packaged in a gift box.
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo “click”
- All metal construction about 1.5 times as thick as a standard Zippo case; windproof design works virtually anywhere
- Refillable for a lifetime of use; for optimum performance, we recommend genuine Zippo premium fluid, flints, and wicks
- Made in USA; Lifetime guarantee that “it works or we fix it free™”
- Fuel: Zippo premium lighter fluid (sold separately)
This is a great gift for anyone who loves history, or who has a particular love of the moon landing, as it perfectly marks the 50th anniversary in the greatest detail.
Zippo are a name we have all known for years and have always been great quality and great design, and their newest celebration lighter is a must have item for anyone. You also have the added lifetime guarantee so if it breaks they will fix it.