Sudocrem are working with Clifton and the charity Green Fingers. With the goal of getting children into the garden and into gardening.
Sudocrem are also involved as they have just launched a lovely new product called My Little Sudocrem which is perfect for those little green fingers.
It has been proven that a childhood spent outdoors helps children to grow up healthier and happier. My Dad was a keen gardener and I used to spend hours with him helping him grow his vegetables and some of my own. Which also passed down to my Daughter. As soon as she could walk she would always be found in the garden with Grandad helping him with his vegetables or with the fruit trees.
New research has shown
- Whilst 87% of British households have a garden, it is something that families are not enjoying together.
- Over half of British children aged between 4 and 8 are unable to name 5 vegetables or fruits grown in this country.
- 95% are unable to name 3 herbs
- Many of the children unable to identify a basic gardening tool. With 8% able to identify a trowel. 80% never having seen a rake before. 79% believing worms are bad for plants
Further research shows
- 73% have never seen a sunflower
- 8% have only picked an apple
- Less than 10% had dug up a vegetable
- 6% had ever eaten a fresh pea from the pod
How Sudocrem is involved
Many parents worry about their children getting the odd scratch. Which is where My Little Sudocrem comes in. It is a great multi-tasker for gardeners.
Should gardening be taught it schools?
Surprisingly children would love this. Although under half of the children surveyed had access to a garden at school, over 90% of them said they would like one.
A lovely Giveaway to get our children out in the garden
Sudocrem know the joys gardening can bring and are offering two of my lucky readers the chance to win a goody bag worth £40 each. The goody bag is suitable for 2-5 year olds and contains
- Get Out and Grow branded t-shirt for 3-4 year olds
- My Little Sudocrem
- Child’s gardening gloves
- Small watering can
- Flower seed packet
- Lavender seed packet
- A few coloured sticks to use as plant marker