One thing I have loved all my life, is playing games. I used to love playing a variety of games with my family as I was growing up. When I became a parent, I used to love nothing more than playing games with my kids as well. This was something we all loved.
Quite often my Daughter would come to me with a game in hand, asking if we can play a game. I always found it a time to sit, chat and laugh together.
One game that could always guarantee lots of laughs and comeptitiveness was hungry hippos. We also had tears if the kids were left to play it on their own though. But with two older brothers and a younger sister this was bound to happen.
Playing the game
We must have all played Hungry Hippos at some point, but for those unfamiliar with the game here is how you play it.
- There are 4 hippo heas red, yellow, green and blue
- Each player chooses which colour head they want to be
- 20 marbles are dropped into the centre of the board at the start of the game
- each player has to use there hippo head to try to eat as many of the marbles as they can
- The marbles are red apart from one golden marble
- The player with the most point wins.
Hungry Hippos is such a fun and simple game idea, but one that gives endless fun especially to younger children.
If you would like to join in with the fun, and grab yourself your own Hungry Hippos game. I have one game to give away to one of my readers. See below on how to enter
Good luck, have you seen my other great giveaways I currently have running
Win a Maybelline Bundle
UK Bloggers Summer Giveaway