Owning your own home, is more than paying the mortgage and the bills. It is also about maintaining your property. Some things we can do ourselves, whilst others we need to get help in.
Decorating is probably the one thing that is on top of everyones lists. We see the inside of our homes every day and can see rooms that need a bit of tlc. Other things we need to be on top of is
- Central Heating – we have a maintenance package where we get a yearly check on our central heating system, plus if we have a problem can arrange a call out to have it fixed.
- Electrics – if your electrics are old, it may be beneficial to get them checked and wiring replaced at some point
- Smoke Alarms – make sure you check your smoke alarms regularly, we now have ours wired in plus have battery operated ones as well.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms – if you do not have one of these, make it your priority to get one.
We can often neglect the outside of our homes, which is why it is important to pop a reminder on your calendar.
- Guttering – Keeping your gutters cleaned is important, we usually check ours twice a year at the beginning of winter and at the end of Summer. If this is something you can not do yourself there are companies that can provide this service for you. Direct Cleaning Group have written a post on the importance of keeping your gutters cleaned.
- Gardening – Whether you are a garden lover or not, your garden needs regular care. To mow the lawns and keeping the weeds at bay. If you find this a chore why not hire a gardener, we have done this and it really does make all the difference.
What are you top priorities for keeping your home in tip top condition?