You may have remembered last November we went on our first cruise. It was a mini cruise for C’s 16th birthday. This has given us the cruise bug and had us looking at other cruises.
With the lockdown easing and being able to travel, now is the time to look for good deals this year.
Something a bit different
With having time on our hands recently, we have found it easier to look at the different cruises that are available. One we do fancy doing is a fjord cruise.
As my husband is a keen photographer, we wanted something a bit different to your usual cruise around the Med. Where we had beautiful scenery to look at. On a fjord cruise you sail surrounded by snow-capped peaks as you take in the Norwegian landscape, including waterfalls and soak up the history.
When we had our mini cruise last year, we felt that this is a perfect holiday and a much more relaxed way to travel. Every little detail is taken care for you. While you are being entertained or sleeping you are on your way to your next port ready for a new adventure. Taking in sites of a new city.
What is included on a cruise?
- Delicious full board cuisine.
- Afternoon teas and late night snacks.
- Captain’s Cocktail Party (cruises of 6 nights or more).
- Self service tea & coffee (6am to midnight).
- Big show entertainment, cabarets and classical interludes.
- Daytime activities and leisure facilities.
- Guest speaker and arts & crafts (cruises of 5 nights or more).
- Porterage of luggage, port to cabin.
- Port Taxes.
If you are looking at going on holiday especially a cruise, lockdown has done one thing for us. Holidays are much cheaper. The fjord cruise we have looked at is half price at the moment making it even more affordable to book that trip you may have been putting off.
This is a collaborative post