Looking for living room layout ideas doesn’t have to be difficult. With the age of technology, you can find many stunning ideas online. Additionally, there are even mobile apps that let users arrange living room furniture to make for a beautiful living room design.
The most important thing about laying out your living room furniture pieces is to create a holistic aesthetic that binds every element in your living space. Whether you have a small or huge apartment, every homeowner can achieve this “balanced aesthetic.”
To jumpstart your living area design, here are some living room arrangement ideas for inspiration.
Measure the dimensions
Before thinking of living room ideas, the first tip is to measure the dimensions of your living room. As with all other things, planning is crucial to make for a successful outcome. Measure your apartment, the room’s length from one end to the other. In addition, measure the width of the living room as well.
Careful floor planning is essential so you know what types and sizes of furniture you need to purchase. Moreover, knowing the size of the living room will prevent re-arranging the furniture pieces if in case they don’t fit.
Choose a focal point
Before you start your home design, one of the things you need to think about is the focal point in the living room or any other room for that matter. Deciding where your focal point is will make the rest of the furniture arrangement easier. But what is a focal point?
A focal point is one of the most vital home design elements. Whether you have a casual or formal living room, setting a focal point in your space makes the entire living room anchored. It contributes to the natural flow of the space as well. Additionally, your room will look more tied together if a focal point is sitting in a perfect spot in your home.
Moreover, there is a myriad of focal point ideas that you can try without having to do the heavy lifting. Here are a few ideas:
- Accent wall. An accent wall has to stand out in your new home design. Regardless of what home decor you have, an accent wall should be different. Paint an accent wall with a bold color or a patterned design.
- Artwork. Deciding on a focal point in a modern or traditional room can be as easy as picking out a huge piece of art. Try putting up a large artwork on a wall. The upper hand of choosing this as your focal point is that you can replace it with a new piece of art if you don’t like the current one anymore.
- Oversized furniture. Another simple way of including a focal point in your space is oversized furniture. Whatever your living room layout is, display a piece of large furniture that draws the eyes in. For the living room, a large sofa is often the focal point.
- View. If your living room is blessed with a large door or window, then take advantage of it. Make sure no furniture pieces are blocking it so eyes are drawn into the beautiful view the moment they walk into your home.
- Architectural component. This can refer to a brick wall, large fireplace, huge windows, or built-in shelves.
Put your area rug in the center
A living room area rug is crucial for your home decor. Whether you have modern, traditional, contemporary, or rustic decor, an area rug helps anchor the entire living room.
The best place you can put an area rug is in the middle of the room underneath the primary seating arrangement and coffee table. Moreover, the area rug layout must extend beyond the chairs and sofa by a few inches.
Try a conventional living room layout
What’s a living room without a comfortable seating arrangement? If you have beautiful sectionals, you can either display them in the middle of the living
room or put them against the wall. The most important thing is to make the seating arrangement as minimal and comfortable as ever.
You can pair the sectional with an armchair and an ottoman to make for a convenient conversation area in your living room. Depending on the size of the living room, it’s always recommended to choose your furniture size wisely.
Put table and floor lamps
Table and floor lamps are perfect if you’re frequently spending time or hosting guests in your living room. You can replace some side tables with floor lamps. However, make sure you don’t overwhelm the space. The layout should create visual balance all in all.
Whether you want to give your modern or traditional home a new life or starting from scratch, always plan before buying your furniture pieces. And if you want the best living room layout and furniture ideas, check out Local Furniture Outlet. They offer huge discounts and seamless delivery.