Everyone loves cookies and they are even nicer when they are homemade and still slightly warm from the oven. Recently we have got our baking mojo back.
Recently we made banana bread, which is a huge family favourite, and last week we even made our own bread to have alongside homemade chicken soup.
Today we decided to try to make choc chip cookies, they are so quick and easy to make, and very moreish to eat.
115g Brown Sugar
110g white sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
220g self raising flour
200g chocolate chips
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 200 or 180 in a fan oven
- In a bowl cream together the butter and both the white and brown sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence to the butter and mix together
- Sift in the flour and mix together to make the cookie dough
- Add in the chocolate chips – we had a combination of milk and white chocolate chips
- break into small balls and place apart on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 7 – 10 minutes or until a light golden brown
You can even try other combinations of cookies
- Add cocoa powder to the mix to make triple chocolate cookies
- change the chocolate chips for smarties, or fudge pieces
- Add different flavour essence for example add peppermint to chocolate cookies
- Make them gooey by adding fudge pieces or marshmallows
- Add some nuts to make them nutty
These store well in a sealed container for days, if they last that long. If your family is like mine they get eaten quite quickly.
What other combinations would you try, I am always eager to try new flavours?
What have you been baking lately, share with me as always looking for new things to bake and try