Your Must Have Holiday Checklist

The sun is shining, and the school holidays are fast approaching, which also means your much needed summer holiday is not far away. To help you make it as stress free as possible here is my holiday checklist.

Once you have booked your holiday, you are on a countdown, and like so many busy families the holiday is just a week or so away and you start to panic about getting everything ready. So below I am sharing my holiday checklist.

Spending Money

I know so many people who leave their spending money right up until the last minute, and then have no money to live on before they go.  Work out how much you want to spend and how long you have until your holiday, and then either weekly or monthly put that aside into a separate account, or if you feel you will dip into it change it up into the currency of where you are travelling to.

If you are changing your money in a lump sum before you go, make sure you give yourself enough time to get your money exchanged.

Toiletries

We all know how expensive it is to get everyone’s shower gels, deodorants, plus sun screen and after sun, the easiest thing is make a list and then buy one or two items each week.

Travel Insurance

If you have not taken out travel insurance with your holiday provider, you need to look into purchasing this. You may think you do not need insurance, but I would never travel without it, as you never know what could happen, I could tell you quite a few funny stories where travel insurance has been needed.  Why not take a look at Bupa Global – Health & Travel Insurance Quote

Clothes

Go through your wardrobe and make a list of everything you need to buy, this way giving yourself time to spread the cost of new clothes.

I wrote a post last year, just before I went away to celebrate a milestone birthday, which included everything I had to do before we jetted off, you can view the post here.

If you are travelling with children, then have a look at Talya from Motherhood The Real Deal who has written a great post full of great advice when travelling with kids.

Are you jetting off soon

1,763 total views, 3 views today

Digiprove sealCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2018 Samantha Donnelly

1. 12/07/2018 / 1:38 pm

We aren’t going away abroad this year as I’ve just had a baby but these are some great reminders! Hoping to get away this time next year it’s always good to have a break!

12/07/2018 / 3:03 pm

We are not going away this year either due to my Daughters health, but hoping on a few days away in this country if she is well enough x

2. 12/07/2018 / 7:04 pm

We are heading off in September for some late summer sun. It helps us get through the long winters! I never travel without holiday insurance. It is far too important!

12/07/2018 / 9:38 pm

I always have it as well, but sadly some people do still travel without it x

3. 12/07/2018 / 7:49 pm

I just did a car boot to get holiday spends and put cash away safely…

12/07/2018 / 9:38 pm

I haven’t done a car boot in a long time, but always a good way to make some extra money x

12/07/2018 / 9:37 pm

Sometimes it is nice to have something to refer to when going away to make sure you don’t forget anything x

4. 14/07/2018 / 6:04 pm

This list is a great reminder for me as I am just just in the midst of planning our next holiday destination. Need to sort out spending money and insurance.

14/07/2018 / 6:29 pm

I always like to get my spending money sorted and insurance as early as possible x

5. 19/07/2018 / 9:36 pm

I believe it’s very important to have a holiday check list, so you will not forget about anything. It’s a piece of mind when getting ready for a family holiday, which can be stressful.

20/07/2018 / 10:47 am

I agree it is important, for me anyway, as I have to triple check everythng, and just as we are pulling away I check my bag and paperwork again just to make sure x

6. 20/07/2018 / 10:17 pm

I couldn’t agree more about the importance of travel insurance. Do not be one of those people who has to beg for money on Facebook because they’ve got seriously injured on holiday and can’t afford to pay their medical bills! Insurance is the first thing I do as soon as I’ve booked my flights.

22/07/2018 / 11:03 am

I couldn’t be one of those people either, and the stupid thing is it is not expensive either so can not believe that some people still travel without it x