As you will already know I am part of the Asmodee Bloggers Board Game Club where each month I am sent a new game to play and review, this month I was sent two games to review, see below for details of all the other games I have reviewed.
Colt Express is set in 1899 and the Union Pacific Express is headed north to deliver its payroll and 47 passengers. Suddenly the train is attacked by a host of thieving bandits aiming to become the richest outlaws of the Old West.
How To Play
- Players draw a round card which will determine the number and order of play, as well as whether to play the cards face up or face down.
- There are two phases the Schemin Phase where players play cards to a central card stack following the outline on the round card, and the Stealin Phase, the central card stack is turned over and the cards are turned over one at a time and the player who played the revealed card executes the action depicted.
- Actions include vertical movement, where you move from inside the car to the roof, or from the roof to inside the car.
- Horizontal movement is where you move the next car, or move up to 3 cars away if on the roof
- Punch is where you punch the player in the same car sending them to a neighboring car and causing them to drop one piece of their loot.
- Shoot is where you fire your gun at a player in a neighbouring car or in your line sight if on the roof.
- Steal is where you take any loot on the floor
- Move Marshal is to cause the Marshal to move to a neighbouring car and fire his gun at all bandits in the car causing them to flee to the roof
- A game lasts for 5 rounds. A $1000 bonus is given to the player who shot the other players the most, and the player with the most money is the winner.
Colt Express is suitable for 2 – 6 players aged 10+ and is available at Amazon for £24.58.
When I first saw this game, I thought not another train game, but we really loved this game, it is great fun game and can get quite competitive.
Other games I have reviewed are
1,123 total views, 8 views today
Thank you for visiting x