As you will know I am a member of Asmodee UK Blogger Board Game Club, where each month I receive a new game to play and review.
In December I was sent two games to review, the first I reviewed last month called Dobble and the second game was Splendor.
Splendor is a game for two to four players, where you are merchants where you try to buy gem mines, transportation and shops.
The game comes with
- 40 gem tokens – 7 emerald, 7 sapphire, 7 ruby, 7 diamond, 7 onyx and 5 gold (joker chips)
- 90 development cards – these fall into three levels of worth and each card is numbered 1,2 or 3
- 10 noble titles
Before you begin to play the Noble + 1 titles are dealt in the centre and are visible to the players (2 if 2 players and so on), then 4 cards of each level are dealt face up to the players and the remainder are kept separately in the deck.
How to play
- On your turn you take 3 gem tokens of different colours
- Take two gem tokens of the same colour (only if there are at least four tokens left of that colour)
- Take one development card from the table and place it in your hand
- You can purchase another development card by spending the required gem tokens shown on the card, this can be from the table or from your reserved cards.
- If a player has earnt enough development cards to obtain a Noble points bonus, they are visited by the Noble and take the nobles title.
- The game ends when the first player reaches 15 prestige points, the following players continue to take their turns so you have all had the same amount of turns.
- The winner is the player with the most prestige points, or who has purchased the fewest number of development cards.
Splendor is a game for 2 -4 players aged 10 and up
Splendor is available to buy at Amazon for £24.99
Other games I have reviewed
*I received this game in return for a review, but all comments are my own
852 total views, 1 views today
Thank you for visiting x