As you may remember from previous posts I am a member of Asmodee UK Blogger Board Game Club, where each month you can receive a new game to play, plus they also hold events where you can meet up with other game players.
In December I was sent two games to review, today I am talking about Dobble a great card game of speed, observation and relexes.
Dobble is a game which consists of 55 cards with 8 symbols per card from the 50 symbols available, there is only one identical symbol between each card and you have to be the first to spot which is the identicl symbol.
To get used to the Dobble card pack on your first game I would suggest draw 2 random cards and place them face up on the table and all players look to find the identical symbol between the two cards, they will be the same shape and colour but size may be different. The first player to spot the two symbols will shout it out and will draw two new cards, repeat this until all players feel they understand this process.
Dobble consists of 5 mini games, where you can just play one game or a tournament.
The games consist of
- The Towering Inferno – Shuffle all the cards and place one face down in front of each player, and then make a draw pile with the remaining cards which are placed face up in the middle of the table. The object of the game is to be the player who has gained the most cards from the draw pile at the end of the game.
- The Well – Deal all cards one t a time to all players, and place the last card in the middle of the table face up. The object of the game is to be the fastest to get rid of all your cards.
- The Hot Potato – Each player is given a card they will kee hiden in their hand without looking at it. All remaining cards are kept to one side for following rounds. The object of the game is to be faster than the other players to get rid of your card.
- Gotta Catch Them All – Place a card face up in the middle of the table and place around that card as many face down cards as there are players. The object of the game is to get more cards faster than the other players.
- The Poisoned Gift – Place a card face down in front of each player and make a draw pile with the remaining cards, which will be placed face up in the middle of the table. The object of the game is to tbe the player who has gained the fewest cards fro the draw pile at the end of the game.
Dobbe is a card game for all ages aged 6+ from 2 to 8 players.
Dobble is available to buy at Amazon with varying prices starting at £10.99.
Other games I have reviewed are
*I received the game as part of my review but all comments are my own.
2,177 total views, 10 views today
Thank you for visiting x