Every now and then in the blogging community, a tag post comes along, and I have taken part in some. I have not taken part in one for a long time, when I saw this one and thought it would be fun.
I was tagged to take part by Sally at sallyatkins.
1. What is your favourite candle scent?
This one is very easy for me and everyone who knows me, I love vanilla although some can smell too sweet and sickly. Although I can be swayed on other fragrances.
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
This is a tough one but I think Holly Willoughby, as she is always happy or puts a smile on her face, she likes to have fun, but also family orientated.
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
I think I would love Rylan to be my brother, I just love gay flamboyant men and he would be my dream best friend or brother
4. How Old do you think you will be when you get married?
I have been married to my husband for nearly 15 years.
5. Do you know a hoarder?
Yes I do, it is me, I am a terrible hoarder, I will not get rid of anything just in case, and will then get so fed up and have a huge clear out and feel so much better.
6. Can you do the splits?
I have tried over the years, but never been able to, apart from a few years ago when we took C to a roller disco with friends, and I was talked into having a go, stood up and very nearly did the splits so took them off straight away
7. How old were you when you first learnt to ride a bike?
I honestly can not remember, I must have been fairly young as I can always remember riding a bike. I was always out with friends riding around.
8. How many oceans have you swum in?
3 The Mediterranean, the Atlantic and the Caribbean
9. How many countries have you been to?
I have been to England (obviously), France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Portugal, Greek Isles Kos, Corfu, Crete, Turkey (for a day trip), Spain, Balearic, Canary Islands, USA, Dominican Republic, Cape Verde, Italy.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
No one in my family is in any of the armed forces at the moment.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
As you all know I have a daughter, when we were choosing names I wanted Emma Louise which is the name I chose years before, but sadly my husband did not want that and it took us ages to choose her name.
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
If C had been a boy, we were going to call her Jack James
13. Whats the worst grade you got on a test?
My worst grade was my Rural Studies exam, I hated the lesson and only took it because I did not want to do any of the other lessons and it was an easy lesson as we used to mess about. So when it came to the exam none of us knew any of the questions and failed.
14. What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
It depends on how old but I used to love the original Clangers they are just not the same anymore, very disappointing
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
Nothing – Halloween was not really anything we would dress up for, it really started to become something to dress up for when my Daughter was little.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
I have to hold my hands up and say no, even though we do have the books in the house.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
That’s a tough one, as there are as many different American accents as there are British, so will stick with good old British accent.
18. Did your mother go to university?
Not university, but she trained at Dr Barnardos to become a nursery nurse.
19. Are your grandparents still married?
All my Grandparents are now no longer with us, but if they were then yes they would be, my mothers parents were married for 52 years.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No I have never taken them, but it is something I looked into once
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Everyone knows who Kermit the frog is
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I really can not remember, it must have been Blackpool maybe
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
I would love to be able to speak Spanish, I used to hate French at school and although I know a bit I do not know enough to be able to speak fluently
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
I spell it grey
25. Is your father bald?
No my Dad has a full head of hair, not bad for a 73 year old, although we do wind him up that his hair is thinning
26. Do you know any triplets?
I do not know any personally
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I am going to have to say Titanic as I have not seen The Notebook yet
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes we have it quite a lot, and when we go out with friends it is usually for an indian
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
This is really tough, I have a few depending on what food we are eating, it also depends on where we are eating, so can not really answer.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Yes we have been a few times, but not for a long time, I also use their marinades at home sometimes as well
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
No, I have looked at joining Costco a few times but not actually joined any
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
If I had been a boy I think I was going to be called Aaron not sure what my middle name would have been
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
My husband calls me Doris, I remember when the boys were little they would call me Doris as well
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
I can not just answer one person so will answer my family
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
I have lived in both and love both for different reasons, I think where I live now is perfect really as I live in a village with fields front and back and close to the town or London so get the best of both worlds really
36. Can you whistle?
No, I try and can get some sort of whistle out eventually, my husband and kids have been in hysterics watching me try to whistle.
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
No I prefer darkness, although we usually have the TV on and my husband is usually awake longer than me
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
No, I am very hypocritical as I nag my children about breakfast, but I just want my cup of coffee, at times I will have breakfast but not very often.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
I have just started taking a menopause supplement as am suffering quite badly lately and hoping these will help, but other than these no I do not take anything
40. What medical conditions do you have?
I suffer with IBS apart from that I think I am ok
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
I have been in hospital 3 times once when I was 4 and had my tonsils out, once when 12-13 when I had my appendix out, and once when I had my Daughter. I have been for outpatients a few times and had a stay in hospital when C broke her leg.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes it is one of my Daughters favourite films, we have also seen Finding Dory which she loved as well
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
I do not really wear jeans, I usually wear jeggings as I find jeans do not fit me properly, I am on the hunt though for a pair that fit perfectly and must have tried so may different brands and styles, I will find my perfect pair one day.
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
It was a couple of weeks ago, I had to take my Mum to the hairdressers and had not seen her hairdresser for years and as soon as he saw me, he said you look great, you have lost so much weight. That made my day
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Usually I don’t remember anything about my dreams, sometimes I do remember bits and spend ages trying to remember the rest.
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
I just like normal every day tea, but can not stand strong tea
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
More than I care to admit, if we are going somewhere special I must have a new pair of shoes to go with my new outfit
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Both my husband and I are Catholics, but our view was not to impose religion on our children, so we have raised them to believe and if they wanted to find out more then we would support that, but it is their choice.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I must have been about 10-11, I sort of knew but had that scare going on that if I did not believe then he would not come to see me. My Daughter is 13 now and has never told me she does not believe but we used to get that look as if to say really Mum
50. Why do you have a blog?
I started my blog 2 years ago now for my own personal reasons really, my Daughter was just about to start secondary school and would not need me so much so I thought it would be a place I could write memories and look back on them, I loved reading blogs and thought why not. I had no idea if anyone would read my blog, but 2 years on I have some amazing followers, am able to share my experiences on a variety of topics, and most importantly still love my blog.
So there you go 50 questions with answers on topics you never thought you would know about me.
What would your answers be to some of these questions?
799 total views, 6 views today
Thank you for visiting x