Weekly Update – 24/04/2017

I am now back from my holiday celebrating my 50th birthday, so yes I am now officially old haha, am just doing a quick update this week.

Not the most flattering photo, but fresh off the plane and started to celebrate in my special t shirt

Last Sunday was my birthday and myself, husband and friends flew out to Cape Verde to celebrate my birthday, since we booked our holiday the resort had been split into two and we had heard good and bad comments about various things, we were all unsure what to expect.  Luckily we had no bad experiences at all.

I was unsure about going and leaving C, she was happy for us to go and we did need the break to recharge our batteries.  Luckily our resort had free wifi throughout, so I could message and FaceTime her.  She was fine had a few bad days, but I knew she would be ok with my parents.  Saturday I was talking to her and she told me that her jaw was bad and the other side was starting to be the same, obviously with it being Saturday and me in Cape Verde there was nothing I could do.  She is struggling and I have spent this morning trying to talk to someone about it.

I will be doing a dedicated post to our holiday, but if you are thinking of visiting Cape Verde you will have a great holiday, the cleanliness is outstanding and the people so friendly and helpful, even when I took a tumble in the restaurant on Monday evening and thought I had broken my wrist, I blame our friend who was trying to do the age old trick of smell this and then I would end up wearing ice cream on my face, unfortunately, we did not realise the floor was wet and I went with a thud.  The pain was awful but the staff were great and the poor girl who had cleaned the floor looked devastated and so worried, I told her not to worry and I was fine and the manager also told her the same.  It was an accident I was not looking at the floor but was not running.  Luckily the next morning all was fine no aches at all.

We spent the week lazing on the beach and by the pool and swimming, eating far too much and trying out the various cocktails.

I am now playing catch up, and trying to get back into normal life.

Hope you all had a great week

13,638 total views, 1 views today

1. 25/04/2017 / 4:18 pm

I am so very happy you were able to take this holiday to celebrate your birthday. You really did need a break and some time to just relax and enjoy yourself. It’s good that C did relatively well while you were gone and hopefully you can get some help for what is going on with her jaw. I’m so glad you had a good time x

25/04/2017 / 7:35 pm

We needed the break and it was so relaxing just having us to worry about, I did speak to C daily though, had her complaining about her jaw on Saturday which I couldn’t do anything about, and still trying to sort now. We had an amazing time away though and lots of celebrating x

2. 26/04/2017 / 8:27 am

I am glad you had a lovely holiday, you definitely deserved it. Can’t wait to hear more as I’d love to go to Cape Verde x

26/04/2017 / 9:53 am

It was a great holiday and we loved it, I would recommend going to Cape Verde I have never been anywhere like it before x

3. 26/04/2017 / 8:57 am

Glad that you had an awesome start to your fifties.Lately,I have statred hating my birthday as it is a constant reminder of the obvious fact that I am aging and I absolutely hate it.You have awesome super friends and glad you dint break your hands.JK.Have fun.

Love,
    Joanna

26/04/2017 / 9:52 am

I did have an amazing start to my fifties, I hated turning 30, but loved my 40’s and my 50’s are going to be even better, I am glad I didn’t break anything either x

4. 26/04/2017 / 10:11 am

Glad you had a great time despite hurting your wrist! x

26/04/2017 / 6:28 pm

We had a lovely time, and thankfully I was fine the next day x

5. Baby Isabella
    26/04/2017 / 2:01 pm

If anyone deserved a holiday more it was you! So glad you let your hair down and enjoyed your trip away. Thank goodness you didn’t break anything after the slip. xx Good luck getting back into the daily grind x

26/04/2017 / 6:26 pm

Thank you, it was lovely just getting away from home and we did let our hair down, I honestly thought I had the pain was awful. I got back in with a huge bump C is struggling a lot x

6. 26/04/2017 / 3:36 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing break to recharge…Happy Birthday!

26/04/2017 / 6:24 pm

Thank you, we had a great break and definitely needed it x

7. 26/04/2017 / 4:42 pm

Hi honey,
    I am so glad to hear you had a lovely break away. Can I wrack your brains? We are looking at going as a group of 16 to Cape Verde next year. Where did you stay and would you recommend it for a group holiday xx

26/04/2017 / 6:23 pm

We had a lovely time, we stayed on the Island of Sal in Sol Dunas, we had a great time, I am going to be writing a post up about the holiday very soon, just having to deal with C and had to get her an urgent hospital appointment x

8. 27/04/2017 / 3:09 pm

So glad that your wrist wasn’t broken – Many happy returns to you. Hope the 50’s are great for you x

27/04/2017 / 7:55 pm

So am I I had no pain at all the next day, thank you hopefully my 50’s will be great x

29/04/2017 / 8:36 am