It is the final day of Blogtober, and what a month and variety of topics we have covered. Todays theme is Happy Halloween.
I have done a few of these type posts in the past and thought I would do a fun facts post about Halloween.
- Orange and Black and the Halloween colours, because orange is associated with autumn and black is associated with darkness and death
- Jack O Lanterns originated in Ireland, where turnips were used and hollowed out and candles were placed inside to keep spirits away.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween
- The worlds largest pumpkin weighed an amazing 1,872 pounds
- According to legend, if you see a spider on Halloween it is a loved one watching out for you
When the kids were younger, we used to go to one of our local little towns for Halloween, the kids would all go dressed up and there would be entertainers and stalls all around and the kids could go into the shops and trick or treat. Which I thought was a fantastic idea, as it kept them entertained during the day and you would not be out in the dark knocking on strangers doors.
We don’t do anything like this anymore as my kids are older. What do you do for Halloween? Do you celebrate it or do you avoid it?
Thank you for visiting x