It is Day 20 of blogtober and today is all about where I live. I have to list 5 great things about where I am living. Now although I have lived here on and off since I was 11, and I seem to keep being drawn back. I have found it difficult to think about anything even with the totally obvious thing (to my kids anyway). So I hit google and I got my inspiration. So here we go 5 great things about living in Chessington.
- Chessington World of Adventures – For my children they think this is amazing, we live so close (walking distance) and I drive past everyday. There are lots to do here the theme park, zoo, aquarium, Go Ape and now Glamping. I am just not so much of a fan due to the traffic.
- London – We are 20 minutes away from London Waterloo, which means we just jump on a train and are there and walking along the South Bank within an hour, or seeing an attraction. This is something I love, living far enough away to not be in the hustle and bustle all the time, but close enough to enjoy a day or night out.
- Countryside – I am very lucky where I live to be able to look out my front windows (ignore the main road) and have fields as my view, where we often see deer or foxes with their young. I look out of my back windows and I have more fields. We can walk a couple of minutes down the road with the dogs and have fields and forests to walk them, all accessible without a car. This is one thing I would miss if we ever moved away.
- Hampton Court Palace – I love history, and what better place to visit than an old palace with so much history. We have taken all the kids here and my Daughter went on a school trip as well. Luckily she has my love for history.
- National Trust – We are members of the National Trust, and are lucky to have 2 great places to visit Claremont and Polesden Lacy. Where we have spent many a summer day walking around and having fun with friends and picnics.
I thought I would have trouble finding things to write about, but once I started I could go on and write a lot more. So in reflection, living here is not all that bad.
Are there some amazing places where you live?
Thank you for visiting x