My Week – 22/05/16

It is that time again for my weekly post, and an update on what has been happening in the StressedMum household.

We had problems with our car this week, luckily I was not driving and my Husband was with me, we had a nice pretty picture of a car in red, which I had never seen before, come up on our dashboard.  Luckily he knew what it was and after a quick google said it was easy to fix, so he ordered the part and it did not take him long to mend once the part arrived.  I hate not having a working car.

My Daughter has had a bad week and been in a lot of pain and just totally wiped out, so no school again this week, but she has been managing to do bits of school work at home. I got a bit worried about her the other night as she had severe pains, that were not normal to her, but after chatting on a facebook group it is just another side effect of her illness.

I joined a new facebook group this week, for parents of children with ME/CFS, I did a post saying hello, my name is Sam and my Daughter is 12 etc.  Within minutes someone had replied asking if this is C.  I was shocked as never give her name out, found out it is one of the support teachers from her primary school, so she knows her, and her son suffers with it.  Which I knew in a roundabout way as her son was friends with my friends son.  So we have been chatting all week, and are going to meet up for a chat and coffee.  But it is lovely to have someone who knows us personally for that bit of support.

a-little-trip-out

A Little Trip Out

We finally got around to ordering her a wheelchair, and my husband decided to go for one she can wheel herself with as well.  On Friday, we decided to christen it and I popped out with her for an hour just the two of us.  I managed to get it out of the car ok, and off we went and we had no major disasters and did not crash into anyone.  We got her a few treats, and it was lovely to see her smiling, this was her first trip like this since before christmas.  The only disaster was when I popped into buy a few bits of shopping, you can not attach shopping bags to the handles as they get caught in the wheels, so need to look for something that attaches on the back of it somehow.  The trip totally wiped her out and she spent the rest of the day/evening resting.

Her friend is desperate to push her around in her wheelchair, so I can see her social life starting to take off a bit now, she has amazing friends who are very supportive of her and look after her.  I have said I will treat my Daughter and her best friend who has been amazing, to something and drop them in town and they can go off and have a treat, it will be nice for her to do something on her own again, and I know she will be fine.

I spoke a few weeks ago about applying for a mobility badge, the physio emailed in a supporting letter and it was being considered on Thursday.  I got a text on Friday morning telling us she had been approved for the mobility badge.  This is going to make life so much easier, and the first thing we are going to do when it comes through is go swimming, as I can park outside the doors.  It will be really beneficial to her as well, and if Dad is free he is coming with us.

The eldest and the youngest together

The eldest and the youngest together

Yesterday, we met up with my eldest stepson, we went off to Windsor for the afternoon to see him, we haven’t seen him for a few years, but I got a hug when he turned up and then we sat chatting and it was just like we see him all the time, he has grown into such an amazing young man, who we are both very proud of.  My Daughter was starting to get hungry and with McDonalds next door, I left my husband and my son in the pub to chat and I took my Daughter for something to eat.  I had no idea my other stepsons girlfriend worked in there, and while waiting for the meal I stood looking at this girl, thinking I recognise you, she saw me looking and it clicked when I saw her name badge.  We had a quick chat and she is coming over next weekend to stay for a few days, my Daughter loves her and they get on so well.

Last night, I was in bed catching up on Britains Got Talent, and chatting to the eldest on messenger, he said ‘Hi Mum’ this is something I never thought I would hear from him, I got a bit choked and told him that has made my day.  He replied with well you are like a Mum to me.  I am made up, I said I have always said I have 3 kids and this has just sealed everything.  Just said I can’t jokingly wind him up with saying I am the wicked stepmum now.

So although my Daughter has had a bad week, with extra complications.  It has been an amazing week, I am in such a great mood and my spirits have truly lifted.  Next weekend I get to play ‘wicked stepmum’ with the younger one.

I feel the luckiest Mum in the world to have 3 such amazing children.

Hope you have all had a great week.

1. 22/05/2016 / 2:04 pm

It sounds like your week has been quite progressive apart from the car troubles (car troubles never seem to end, do they?) and I think it’s really sweet that your stepson called you mum!

22/05/2016 / 3:19 pm

Apart from the car trouble, and my Daughter having a really bad time pain wise, it has been an amazing week, and being called Mum just made my day. I am still buzzing about it now x

2. Jessica McDonnell
    22/05/2016 / 3:05 pm

It sounds like you’ve had a tough week, but I really admire your strength. I have a chronic illness and it is so draining for me, I can’t imagine being younger and being ill like your daughter. At least for all the difficult bits, you’ve had some times this week too 🙂

22/05/2016 / 3:17 pm

I think the hardest thing is watching her suffer and know that I can not do anything to make it better, all we can do is be supportive to her. Having the wheelchair will start to give her a bit of escape and get out and about too. I am so sorry you suffer as well x

3. Harriet from Toby & Roo
    22/05/2016 / 6:36 pm

I’m so sorry to hear it’s been a mother crap week for your daughter, sending big hugs and well wishes! H x

22/05/2016 / 7:04 pm

Thank you, she is sitting next to me at the moment and said thank you :). Seeing her brother cheered her up yesterday which was lovely to see x

4. 22/05/2016 / 7:08 pm

Bet it was lovely for her to see her brother. Hope your daughter is ok. I am so glad you both had a day out

23/05/2016 / 9:58 am

It was great for her to see her brother, made her day, we are seeing her other brother this weekend. The only thing is now they are all older it is not the arguing he did this and she did that, they are giving her little tips on being naughty. It was great to be out and the wheelchair is going to be getting a lot of use x

5. 22/05/2016 / 7:39 pm

Car troubles aside, it does sound as though you have had a great week!

23/05/2016 / 9:55 am

Totally agree, it was an amazing week 🙂

6. 22/05/2016 / 7:47 pm

Lucky your hubby was aboe to fix the car. It will be nice for your daughter if her friends can help her get out a bit.

23/05/2016 / 9:55 am

I knew he would be able to fix it, if not both the boys are mechanics as well so never short of help. It will be great if she can go out and about with them, will make all the difference to her x

23/05/2016 / 5:56 pm

I wish I had found it earlier, it really is helpful and having someone who already knows my Daughter on the group makes it so much easier x

7. nicol
    23/05/2016 / 10:20 am

aw love how happy she looks. it’s also lovely you was able to see your stepson and chatting as normal

23/05/2016 / 5:55 pm

She was happy, although has wiped her out now, and it was the best feeling seeing him again x

8. Sarah, Things Sarah Loves
    23/05/2016 / 11:47 am

Awww sounds like you have had a wonderful week with your children and you really appreciate the little things. I am so glad I found your blog because I absolutely love it.

23/05/2016 / 5:54 pm

My kids are all amazing, and for the first time in a very long time I am hopefully going to have all 3 of them together this weekend and I can not wait. Thank you I am glad you enjoy my blog x

9. Hannah
    23/05/2016 / 11:56 am

So sorry to hear your daughter has been in pain this week but apart from that it sounds like you had a great week! x

23/05/2016 / 5:53 pm

We did have a great week, the only downside is my Daughters illness hopefully she will start to have some good days soon x

10. Sarahjane
    23/05/2016 / 2:07 pm

I’m glad you got the wheelchair and that your daughter’s friend is so willing to take her out. Will be good to get a little bit more freedom

23/05/2016 / 5:52 pm

The wheelchair is going to make all the difference, and she has a great friend and I really want my Daughter to go out and have fun without us, like she used too, I wont be far away if things get a bit too much x

11. Helen
    23/05/2016 / 2:32 pm

Really sorry to hear your daughter has had another bad week, hope this one is better for her. I bet going out for the day with her was lovely for both of you!

23/05/2016 / 5:51 pm

Unfortunately, she is wiped out today, but it seems to be common at the moment with a lot of sufferers so not sure if the weather is not helping. It was lovely getting her out and having some fun us time x

12. Anosa
    23/05/2016 / 4:56 pm

I hope your car has been fixed now and hope your daughter is doing much better this week

23/05/2016 / 5:49 pm

My car is fixed now thank you, unfortunately she is wiped out but we did go out Saturday afternoon and think it was too much for her x

13. Charli Bruce
    24/05/2016 / 6:28 pm

It seems like you have had a good week apart from the car and your daughter not having such a good one, I think its lovely she has such a supportive best friend and that your stepson called you mum x

24/05/2016 / 7:29 pm

It was a shame about the car but was easily fixed luckily, she is having a rough time of it at the moment bless her :(. Her best friend is really good to her and I was blown away when he called me Mum and has since 🙂 x

14. 25/05/2016 / 7:05 pm

Good to know you joined a support group on Facebook. Every support helps. I hope you have a better week.

25/05/2016 / 7:49 pm

Thank you, it is a great group but lovely to know there is someone who knows us and knows my Daughter x