Crazy Bear – Beaconsfield

Each year we have a family meal out with my parents and Aunt and Uncle.  This year we chose The Crazy Bear in Beaconsfield for our annual meet up.

On arrival you walk in and are greeted with a totally different quirky experience, the staff are very welcoming and showed us to the bar area while we waited for my Aunt and Uncle to arrive.

While waiting we had plenty to keep us entertained just by looking around

Once they had arrived we were shown to our table, and the waiter took our drinks for us, which made it easier for me to help my Daughter to the table.  As there was 7 of us we were shown to a booth, which made it much more intimate and made it easier to talk to each other.

They offer a Sunday menu or Al ACarte menu, we all chose the Sunday menu apart from my Daughter.

These were amazing although my Daughter refused to try the roasted garlic or oil dip for her bread, choosing to use only the butter.

My husband and I both chose the roast beef, which came with a selection of vegetables (not shown) and our Daughter had half a lobster (from the Al ACarte starter menu) with a portion of triple cooked chips.  Unfortunately the service was very slow in the food arriving (over an hour) and we had to return all meals and vegetables as they were cold.  However, our replacement meals were sorted very quickly and were hot when we received them, and the staff could not apologise enough.

Then it was time for dessert, my Daughter chose a trio of homemade ice cream and a scoop of raspberry sorbet, my husband and I chose to share as we could not make up our minds which to have.  These were amazing, although after a main course was a little too much, and as hard as it was for me I could not finish my dessert.

Garden and Pool

Garden and Pool

We then moved outside (as we were all getting warm) and also they obviously needed the table, so kept asking if we would like to move, for some fresh air and to enjoy a coffee by their pool, in the garden area, although this ended up in everyone moaning they were cold.

We had a lovely time, but although it was a Sunday lunchtime, which we understand is a busy time, the wait for food and then it being cold on arrival, did tar the meal slightly, also when the first meal came out, only half of my Daughters meal came out and none of the sauces to go with the meals were provided either, even after asking twice.

Would I go back, I would like to stay in one of their hotel rooms as they are so quirky and I would love to try their Thai restaurant at some stage.

Although there was some slight disappointment, it was nice catching up with my family and although my Daughter suffered with pain and tiredness she did so well while we were out.

4,644 total views, 79 views today

Digiprove sealCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2018 Samantha Donnelly

1. 11/04/2016 / 12:17 pm

Wow, that looks like an interesting place, and the food looks lovely.

11/04/2016 / 1:08 pm

Food was lovely, once we got a warm meal x

2. 11/04/2016 / 2:07 pm

It’s a shame when places can’t keep up with the demand for products and how busy it can get at key times. At least the food tasted good though x

11/04/2016 / 3:22 pm

It is, that was really the only thing that let it down, the food was amazing. The front of house staff were also very good and can not fault them at all x

3. Harriet from Toby & Roo
    11/04/2016 / 5:12 pm

I can’t stand restaurants that take more customers and orders than they can cope with – it’s so inefficient and, as hubs used to be a food and beverage manager before he became general manager in a super busy hotel, this would kill our meal because it would drive him insane! H x

11/04/2016 / 5:55 pm

It did cause a bit of tension, more so the fact we had to wait so long and then the food being cold, my Daughter was starting to struggle as she is ill, and was starting to suffer with being wiped out, and then having to send the food back. But they did act quickly and I can not fault the front of house staff, and we got replacement meals quickly that were hot, but by then we had got a bit past it.

4. 11/04/2016 / 6:14 pm

OK this sounds like an awesome place to spend some time and grab a bite to eat – if I’m ever in the area – I am definitely popping in. x

11/04/2016 / 6:44 pm

It is a lovely place, even just to pop in for a drink, unfortunately I could not try the cocktails as I was driving x

5. 11/04/2016 / 9:10 pm

Glad they replaced the meal pretty quickly for you! Sounds like a great place to go otherwise.

11/04/2016 / 10:19 pm

I think if we had gone at a quieter time there would not have been the issues the food was lovely when we got it

6. 11/04/2016 / 9:18 pm

Sorry to hear about all the issues you had but I hope you had fun regardless? Are those real stuffed animals?

11/04/2016 / 10:18 pm

We did have a lovely time, I am not sure if they are real or not

7. 11/04/2016 / 9:25 pm

Are those stuffed animals! I think they would freak me out too much….I’m glad you enjoying catching up with your family x

11/04/2016 / 10:18 pm

They are, or at least I think they are, but they weren’t freaky as that sort of thing usually freaks me out x

8. 11/04/2016 / 10:49 pm

My family would be pretty happy with the lobster. This looks like such a cool place to eat.

12/04/2016 / 10:34 am

My Daughter loves lobster, thanks to her Dad I don’t like it x

9. 11/04/2016 / 11:08 pm

The food looks absolutely lush and the decor to my taste. They should open one here, just for me haha

12/04/2016 / 10:34 am

The food was gorgeous, they do have 2 other venues as well, another this one and one other is a hotel as well, I don’t think the other is though

12/04/2016 / 10:33 am

Even though there was 7 of us and we were chatting, it was still a long time to wait, and my poor Daughter was starting to tire so did put a bit of a dampener on it, as we were trying to keep her going x

12/04/2016 / 10:31 am

So do I, I did have a little dip of the oil x

10. 12/04/2016 / 8:44 am

What an amazingly quirky place! I would love to give this a go, just for the atmosphere!

12/04/2016 / 10:31 am

It is very quirky and very lively, and Beaconsfield is such a pretty place x

11. 12/04/2016 / 8:48 am

I am not sure how I feel about the animals, I hope they weren’t real! I like that they carried your drinks for you, such a simple but nice touch as like you said with kids its always a struggle, you can guarantee my monkey will run away whilst trying to juggle drinks lol the meal does look really good though despite the problem you had

12/04/2016 / 10:30 am

They didn’t have that creepy look about them, so I don’t think they were real, if that makes sense. Carrying the drinks was a great help as it meant I could support my Daughter to the table. The food was lovely and the portions were good as well.

12/04/2016 / 10:29 am

It was lovely, her Dad has taught her to have expensive taste, they do a whole lobster, that was a starter we got as a main for her, she was very happy x

12. Tara
    12/04/2016 / 3:14 pm

Oh that dessert looks fab! Great write-up + photos 🙂

12/04/2016 / 3:15 pm

They were both gorgeous, and I was gutted I could not finish as was too full x

13. Tara
    12/04/2016 / 3:57 pm

This looks like a fab little place – definitely one to bookmark!

12/04/2016 / 10:15 pm

It was nice x

14. Natasha Mairs
    12/04/2016 / 5:36 pm

just had a quick look of their website and it looks very grand and posh. So being like this I would expect a top notch service, so it’s disappointing that the food came out cold and you also had to ask for your sauces for your daughters starter. And I think them trying to move you outside was a little bit rude too.

12/04/2016 / 10:14 pm

It is not a cheap establishment, this is exactly what we were saying, and if we had not have waited so long for our food, we would have finished a lot sooner x

15. 12/04/2016 / 7:49 pm

I really want to spend a night at the crazy bear at some point. It looks amazing. My friend attended a wedding there the other week!

12/04/2016 / 10:13 pm

We would like to stay as well the rooms look amazing and totally different, I bet the wedding was great x

16. Alice
    12/04/2016 / 10:56 pm

I’ve always fancied staying here – same there were a few issues but glad they were sorted for you and hasn’t put you off going back.

13/04/2016 / 9:48 am

We would love to stay as well, it was a shame about the problems though, but when the food did eventually arrive hot it was lovely x

13/04/2016 / 2:33 pm

The food was lovely, I love halloumi as well, was tempted to have it as well x

17. 17/04/2016 / 7:33 pm

What a lovely looking place, shame about the slightly disappointing service. I hate when some restaurants don’t bring everything together

17/04/2016 / 7:42 pm

It was very different, It was a shame as my Daughter was beginning to suffer with tiredness and my Uncle was getting a bit agitated having to wait, he has Dementia so didn’t understand.

18. 18/04/2016 / 9:35 am

I had my doubts when I first saw all those animal pictures but the food looks divine! Would love to try that half lobster dish 🙂

18/04/2016 / 10:40 am

I know what you mean, but the food was lovely, my Daughter loved her lobster, this is actually a starter they do also offer whole lobster also x