Goodbye March – Hello April

I thought I would incorporate my weekly post with my Goodbye March – Hello April post and do a two for one.

Spring has finally arrived, it is so nice to have the sunshine although not quite flip flop weather yet.

So March, has been a struggle for us my Daughter has missed so much school now, and has had times where she could barely walk, we now refer to these days as her Bambi days.  She started physio just over a week ago and she is really struggling with the exercises, but laughs at me doing them along with her, she is trying but it is hard seeing her in so much pain and crying with the pain.  Her Consultant rang me this week so I could update him with how she is, he is arranging her to have a neurology appointment just to rule out anything that might have been missed in her MRI, but he reckons it will all come back ok, and then is going to fully diagnose, so that she can then get the support and help she needs.  He is also going to write to her school asking for a support plan to be put in place for her, which will help a lot. Not sure how I will feel when the final diagnosis is made it will be relief and sadness.

Yesterday, which I posted about in my Amazing Day post, she blew me away, she walked up to the end of our garden and went in the hot tub for a bit and then walked back, she looked shattered after, but then she wanted to do something else, so as everyone was busy, we popped to Tesco, she held onto the trolley and we very slowly walked around getting her treats along the way.  It totally knocked it out of her and she is suffering today, but did walk to the end of the garden and back, before collapsing into bed. I am so proud of her.

I have had quite an emotional month, it has all really got to me  I have had lots of silent tears and my heart breaking even more.  I hide it from everyone as I need to be strong or she will pick up on it and it will not help her.

I have surprised myself, and much to my Dads amazement for the first time in my life, started taking an interest in the garden, yes me, gardening.  I have painted the garden fence, potted plants moved stones and made a rockery, and yesterday Tesco had loads of plants reduced and I got £30 worth of plants for less than £5, so came home and presented them to my husband, asking what are we going to do with them.

April, is going to be along the same lines as March I think, although I do have my birthday to look forward too, and already have a night out planned with friends and we will stay over at their house, depending on how my Daughter feels, she may come with us and sit in with their Daughter while we are out (they have an older brother who will stay in with them), or she can stay with my parents.  But a night out is always nice and I am looking forward to it already.

How has your March been?

Share:

1. 03/04/2016 / 1:05 pm

I’m sorry to hear that your daughter is still very ill but I’m amazed that she managed to walk to the end of the garden and back! What a little fighter you have! I hope that April is slightly better than March for you, at least you’ve got your birthday to look forward to!

03/04/2016 / 4:04 pm

It is looking like she has a chronic illness now, although we still live in hope that it is not, but she is like her Dad very stubborn, we just take it slowly and try and have a laugh about it so not making big deals over everything, I think that helps her. I am ready for my night out for my birthday though, my Daughter is coming over to our friends but she will be well looked after as her 3 will be in youngest 13 eldest 20 x

2. 03/04/2016 / 2:59 pm

I always get green fingered at around this time but it fades by June ha! Pleased your daughter made such progress too by the way, it must have been an overwhelming moment x

03/04/2016 / 3:58 pm

Believe me my green fingers will be gone by next week :). It was amazing watching her, although has knocked her out since x

3. Ickle Pickle
    03/04/2016 / 7:51 pm

I hope you have a better April – I too have cried many silent tears, for very different reasons. It is hard being strong for everyone else sometimes. Kaz x

03/04/2016 / 8:02 pm

Thank you I am feeling happier about April, it is my birthday in a couple of weeks, and hopefully my Daughter will feel strong enough to try school again. Silent tears and being strong is so hard at times x

4. 04/04/2016 / 12:11 pm

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had an emotional month, especially with your daughter. Hopefully April is a much better month! Gardening is a good stress reliever too

04/04/2016 / 7:14 pm

Thank you, hopefully we will be moving forward one way or another soon. I would not say gardening is a good stress reliever though 🙂 x

5. Alice
    04/04/2016 / 2:52 pm

So sorry to hear you are going though a tough time right now. x

04/04/2016 / 7:13 pm

6. 06/04/2016 / 8:12 pm

Awww sending you lots of love and good thoughts to help you through a hard time. 🙂 My March was quite hard, but have better hope for April as I’m going on holiday! 🙂

Mookieslife

06/04/2016 / 9:15 pm

Thank you, hope you have a lovely holiday x

7. 07/04/2016 / 12:37 pm

Your daughter is very lucky to have you – you sound like an amazing mum!

07/04/2016 / 6:51 pm

Thank you, that is such a lovely thing to say, any Mum would do the same x

8. 07/04/2016 / 9:14 pm

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time of things, it seems to be a bad start to the year for so many people. I hope things start to pick up now Spring is officially here x

08/04/2016 / 9:29 am

Thank you, I was unofficially told the diagnosis yesterday, just got to wait for the letters. It seems to be everyone you talk to this year have had a bad start, hopefully things will get better for everyone x

9. 09/04/2016 / 9:41 am

I am so sorry you are going through all of this (and Caitlin too). It’s so hard seeing your kids suffering and you wish you could have it instead. I hope you get some answers soon.

09/04/2016 / 1:20 pm

Thanks Tori, we got an unofficial diagnosis during the week, just need to see it in black and white though. You are right it is hard and it kills me at times, but she is doing so well x