My Week – 12/03/2016

I can not believe another week has passed and it is time for my weekly, My Week post.

My Daughter is still not well, she has been put on new medication that she has been on since Tuesday, which is a first, it has caused her a few problems, but hopefully they will start to work.  She is still in pain and wiped out and her concentration is all over the place.  We have been trying to do school work but only a little bit at a time.  She is borderline ME, but keep hoping it is Glandular Fever and she wakes up one day and says she is starting to feel better.

I have started working on my YouTube channel, it is still early days and not as easy as you think it is, but it is something I can work on with my husband, as he is my producer and it is also a challenge for him  as he has never done any filming and editing, apart from family videos.

As the weather has been so lovely the past few days, we have been sorting things outside the studio and planning on what we want to do, and I have been wish list shopping for new garden furniture, while my husband has been looking at new BBQ’s and fire pits.  That is the one thing I love about Summer, he loves BBQ’s and doing the cooking, so I am always happy when he suggests having one.

We had a bit of a scary moment this week, we thought we might have to have one of the dogs put to sleep.

Bertie

Bertie

He is very old, and has a few problems, the vet came out yesterday and we thought it was going to be the worst news, we all felt sick all day.  He came out looked him over and took some blood and said he would ring later.  Thankfully, there is nothing serious and has been prescribed antibiotics, to sort out an infection and his other problems are not life threatening (hopefully).  So  a very relieved household.

I know I don’t talk about him much, but he is my parents dog, where as Max is our dog although they are usually together most of the time.

Last Sunday was Mothers Day, and my husband was fretting he had not had chance to get out with our Daughter (who wasn’t up to it anyway), as they always go out together shopping.  I told him not to worry as all I really wanted for Mothers Day was for her to be better.  I did get to have a lovely relaxing day, and my husband prepared and cooked dinner for everyone and my Daughter came down to eat with us, which made my day.

I have a few nice and fun things planned for next week, which I am looking forward to.

How has your week been?

Share:

1. 12/03/2016 / 5:59 pm

Can totally relate to the heart stopping moment about the dog. Pets are like a proper part of the family.

12/03/2016 / 7:34 pm

They are more than pets, they are as you say part of the family. I was so certain that was going to be it for him, hopefully the medication will help and he will be ok x

2. Lena Hedges
    12/03/2016 / 8:52 pm

Sorry to hear your daughter is unwell, hope she gets better soon! Glad Bertie is OK! Give them both lots of cuddles!!

12/03/2016 / 9:47 pm

Thank you, it could be that she will get better soon or could be a very long standing illness obviously we are hoping for the first. We all breathed a sigh of relief when the Vet said they can try and treat him x

3. Ickle Pickle
    12/03/2016 / 9:35 pm

Oh your poor daughter – how awful. I really hope she starts to feel better very soon. I am trying to focus on my You Tube channel a bit more too.I hope you have good week. Kaz x

12/03/2016 / 9:44 pm

I know bless her, we are going to try with school again this week but not sure how she will get on. YouTube is scary I have only done 3 videos, but was chatting with my husband last night and have so many ideas for it, and it is totally different to blogging

4. 12/03/2016 / 10:15 pm

Good luck with your YouTube channel! Hope your daughters medication kicks in and works soon x

12/03/2016 / 11:52 pm

Thank you, You Tube is a scary place but am sure I will get used to it, and thank you x

5. 12/03/2016 / 10:48 pm

oh hun what a week for you lets hope these new meds help your daughter and what a scare wth the dog x

12/03/2016 / 11:52 pm

I don’t think they are helping really, but will carry on and see as she has had so many false starts with meds that her body hasn’t a clue whats going on really. It was a scare and looking at him tonight he is starting to seem a bit better but only time will tell, but at least we know there is nothing serious x

6. 13/03/2016 / 7:35 am

Sorry to hear your daughter is still not feeling well. These things can sometimes take years to sort themselves out. My eldest has a classmate who has missed a few years of school for glandular fever :/

13/03/2016 / 1:10 pm

I am sorry to hear of your Daughters friend, I am going to try to see how she is with school tomorrow, I am waiting on hearing from them about if they can help her at all. It is just so hard to know what to do

7. Daniella
    13/03/2016 / 1:44 pm

I hope your daughter starts to feel a bit better soon, it’s such a scary feeling isn’t it when your children are poorly and you can’t get a diagnosis, instead they just grasp at straws which doesn’t put your mind at ease. Hopefully they will find out what is making her unwell and she can begin the right medication.

14/03/2016 / 10:54 am

It is scary, and I am at the stage where I am awake worrying through the night, I think if we can finally get her medication sorted and that helps with the constant pain she is in, that will make such a huge difference to her

8. Jessica
    13/03/2016 / 5:15 pm

It sounds like you’ve had such a tough week, stay strong. I had glandular fever when I was younger and it was so horrible, I felt drained of life and I was so poorly. I hope she feels better soon. On the plus side, congratulations on starting your Youtube Channel! 🙂

14/03/2016 / 10:53 am

I am hoping it is Glandular Fever now, and nothing more and that she will start to feel better, it is just watching her in pain constantly and have no life in her, and not be a normal 12 year old, we will get there though. Thank you, it is scary starting on YouTube but it is something different and very out of my comfort zone

9. 13/03/2016 / 5:33 pm

It’s sounds like you’ve had your ups and downs this week. I hope your daughter has a better week. x

14/03/2016 / 10:51 am

It has been another of those weeks, I think if we get medication that can help her things will improve.

10. 13/03/2016 / 8:44 pm

Oh Sam, I keep hoping to hear that the doctors have figured it out and your daughter is on the mend. Three months is a long time! Have to ask what is ME? I asked my husband (who works in a hospital so I figured he would know) and he said “Erm…mild earache?” (To be expected really. This is the man who thought the placenta was an energy drink given to women in labour to replenish fluids. Like Lucozade!

14/03/2016 / 10:49 am

Every morning I go into her all cheery hoping that she is going to say she feels a bit better. They do not formerly diagnose ME until you have had the symptoms for 6 months.This is a link to what it is http://www.meassociation.org.uk/about/the-symptoms-and-diagnosis-of-mecfs/
      I did have to laugh at your husbands diagnosis, and also what he thought the placenta was x

11. 13/03/2016 / 10:27 pm

Wow, it seems as if you are having a pretty hectic month of March. Hopefully this upcoming week becomes better for you as well (as well as for your daughter fighting her sickness). Is there a release date for your YouTube channel? I would love to add it to my list wo watch!

14/03/2016 / 10:46 am

It has been hectic, but I suppose it is not boring. I am still fighting for my Daughter, hopefully once the medication is sorted that will help her. My YouTube channel is up now, if you click on YouTube on the post it will take you to it

12. 14/03/2016 / 12:44 am

Glad to hear that the dog was alright in the end! Hope you daughter’s new medication does help because the poor thing has been ill for quite some time :/ Best wishes for you and your family!

14/03/2016 / 10:12 am

The dog is getting better by the day, he is such a different dog to what he was like on Friday thankfully. The medication is not helping at all, I am trying to get a message to my Consultant at the moment to discuss the medication.

13. Fashion and Style Police
    14/03/2016 / 11:20 am

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she gets better soon. Have a better week.

14/03/2016 / 1:03 pm

Thank you, she is currently sat next to me snuggled on the sofa, which is a major achievement

14. Charli
    14/03/2016 / 4:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your daughter and your dog, although hopefully things will start looking up.
    I volunteer at the local dog pound every week and sick dogs really make me cry!

14/03/2016 / 7:54 pm

There is nothing worse than an ill animal, I would love to volunteer somewhere like that, but I would get too attached and involved. He is like a different dog thankfully the medication is working

15. Astrid
    14/03/2016 / 5:25 pm

I’m so sorry your daughter may have ME. I truly hope she feels better soon.

I didn’t think YouTube would be easy. I tried one audio recording years ago and my husband still mocks me about it. I will seriously never try video.

14/03/2016 / 7:53 pm

Thank you, she did come and sit downstairs with me earlier, I keep hoping she will be better soon.

YouTube is a different world totally, it isn’t easy but am hoping one day it will become second nature. Take no notice of your husband, I think it is in their genes to mock us x