I saw this earlier and it made me realise just how many of us Mums say the same things day in and day out.
My daughter is older now, so some of these I no longer say but have said in the past
1. No – I think we all say this no matter what age several times a day.
2. Just a minute – I am forever saying this to my 11 year old, when she needs something there and then, and can not possibly open her eyes to find it.
3. Go and ask your Dad – This is a favourite of mine when she is going on and on and trying to wear me down, and nearly succeeding
4. Where are your shoes – This only usually happens on a school day when trying to get out of the house, and her shoes have magically disappeared. I don’t think it matters what age they are.
5. Give me back my phone – I was always saying this, but now she has her own I actually get to keep hold of it and my battery seems to last so much longer these days.#
6. Did you flush – Luckily, this question has long gone in our house, but when little it was amazing how they could just forget.
7. Did you wash your hands – Again this is done as a habit now, but when younger I was forever reminding them to do this
8. Maybe later – I am very guilty of having said this in the past and still say it now, as usually, this question is still asked just as I am about to do something.
9. Just eat it – How many meal times have I said this, I have lost count, these days it is something that is rarely said, as she knows what she really doesn’t like and what she thinks she doesn’t like at that particular time
10. Oh. Really? – Yes, this is used quite often, when trying to be told that one of her friends has this, or does that. She really does think I wasn’t young once and have tried all these tricks.
11. Aren’t you forgetting something? – I still have to say this for the ‘please’ and ‘thank you s’ no matter how old she is. Luckily, this is apparently only at home, as she does remember them when with other people.
12. I have no idea what you just said – When younger it was the babbling, these days it is because I have switched off to what she is going on about, and then realised I could have said yes to something I do not want her to do. We have had quite a few laughs over this
13. Get your finger out of there – This has been used in the past, but luckily not these days
14. Get that out of your mouth – When younger my daughter and my youngest stepson, were a nightmare for putting things in their mouths, and I was always saying this to them. Luckily they do grow out of it.
15. Keep it down – Yes I have turned into my parents and utter these words frequently now
16 & 17 Go poop/pee – luckily we are old enough to know
18. Get down from there – yes I do once in a while utter these words still, more so as I am scared stiff she will break her leg again
19. Are you even listening to me? – I use this a lot, as looking at her iPad or phone, not looking in my direction, makes me think she is taking no notice, and half the time I am right.
20. Fine, go ahead – This has been a favourite for years, right from when she was little and leaving home because I was mean.
21. Just one more – I mean it this time – we are all guilty of this one, sometimes it is easier to give in and let them have a few more minutes or one more sweet/biscuit, than have the tears and tantrums
22. What are you doing in there? – you start saying this as soon as they get mobile, and still carry on saying it as they get older.
23. Stop Whining – This is something we will never be able to stop saying until they become adults
24. Mm-hmm – I do say this when I get Muuuuuum, quite a bit
25. I love you – From the second my daughter was born, I have said this a million times a day to her, and will never stop saying these 3 little words to her.
Thought it would be nice to do a fun post, and see what you say daily or a lot, can’t wait to see your replies.
186 total views, 6 views today
Thank you for visiting x