If like me you have a child or children who are fussy with their food, more often when it suits their mood, then here are a few of my tips to relieve the stress at meal times. This way we are all happy.
1. My daughter loves mashed potatoes, but if like me you don’t always want to make mash potato or just peel a couple of potatoes to make the mash. When I make mash I always make extra and then freeze down into portion sizes for my Daughter. That way when making a meal and she wants mashed potatoes I can just get it out the freezer defrost and re-heat.
2. Yorkshire puddings, I always make extra when making them and then freeze them down, a couple of minutes in a warm oven while dishing up dinner and they are perfect, and much nicer than the shops frozen yorkshire puddings in my opinion.
3. If you have some fruit starting to look a bit old, then peel and slice and pop in the freezer, ideal for making those smoothies. Although I am lucky that my Daughter likes her fruit, but occasionally we have some that look a bit sorry for themselves.
4. I usually make up a batch of Bolognese sauce and freeze down in portion sizes. You then just need to get it out of the freezer, defrost and heat and cook the pasta.
5. Freeze down left overs, saves waste and a much nicer ready meal than shop brought. I do this with a number of meals, and is always handy to have a quick dinner you can rely on for those days when there just is not enough hours in the day, or something else crops up.
6. If you children like soup, make your own, ideal for a fussy child who does not like their vegetables, as you can hide so many in a soup and they will have no idea. Or make your own sauces and blitz the vegetables into it.
Do you have any other tips that you can add. I would love to hear them.
797 total views, 4 views today
Thank you for visiting x