None of us like getting spammed by emails. We often sign up to a company for a reason, only to be spammed by email after email. So just how effective are welcome emails.
What is a welcome email?
Welcome emails are sent to you when you first subscribe to a company or brand, where they greet you and begin your journey together of being kept up to date of their latest news.
I found this great infographic on Campaign Monitor
How effective are welcome emails
- Welcome emails have a 91.43% open rate
- Welcome emails are the most effect triggered email along with cart-abandonment emails.
- Welcome emails have on average 4x the open rate and 5x the click-through than that of a standard email
When should you send a welcome email?
These are best sent out immediately as soon as someone subscribes.
- 74% of people expect a welcome email as soon as they subscribe
- New subscribers are most engaged within 48 hours of subscribing
- 11am, 2pm and 6pm have the highest pikes for email opens
- Emails with personalisation in the subject section are 26% more likely to be opened
- Personalised email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14%
I have always been aware of emails becoming spammy, and the last thing I have wanted for my subscribers is random emails being sent and just getting deleted.
I did find this information useful, as I am looking at setting up a monthly newsletter. If like me you are looking at your email marketing and that all important welcome email.