Blogtober 18 – Day 1 – All About Me – A Year On

Regular followers will already know about Blogtober, as I have taken part for the past two years.  For new followers Blogtober is where we write a blog post every day on a different topic each day.  The first year I completed the challenge posting daily, last year I had to bow out due to other commitments.

As with last year, day 1 is all about me/ a year on, you can read my post from Blogtober 17 Day 1 here

I am Sam, I have been married to my husband for 16 years and have a 14 year old Daughter.   I am also stepmum to two Sons who are now both adults. Both boys have made us grandparents, which is a new role I am loving.

I am also a huge animal lover and have two dogs,who like to think they are both lapdogs.  You may remember I also had a cat of 25.  Sadly she died last year, I still find it strange and still find myself looking for her.

Many of you will know my Daughter has a chronic illness of severe ME and Fibromyalgia.  This past month we have just found out she has another condition called Papilledema which is excess fluid around the brain.  This has also been pressing on her optic nerve which has been causing her migraines.  She has been through quite a lot this month with two lumbar punctures, resulting in 4 tries both times. This has removed the excess fluid and releaved her constant 24/7 migraines .  The change in her has been amazing, and she is now starting tuition in school, as opposed to her bedroom.

I also love home baking, and recently trying out my new halogen oven with some success and some disasters.

I also love to travel, but sadly we have been unable to get away this year.

Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for Day 2

#Blogtober18

1. 1st October 2018 / 11:02 am

Welcome back to Blogtober! I am glad to hear that they have managed to stop the migraines for C, she is such a brave girl x
    I’m am looking forward to one day becoming grandparents, although not just yet, I know that you always say you are jealous of our Newfie but your two are just as gorgeous, its so lovely to see ‘proper’ size dogs, looking forward to reading more during October xx

• 1st October 2018 / 11:16 am

Thank you and glad to be back in Blogtober :). She is so much better without the constant migraine still a long journey to go but will get there slowly. I am loving being a Nanny such an amazing feeling. My dogs are my babies and would not swap them for the world but do keep asking for a Newfie to join them 🙂 x

2. 1st October 2018 / 11:11 am

Lovely to learn more about you.
    Aww! Your poor girl. she is really going through it. I’m glad things are better for her now. x

• 1st October 2018 / 11:14 am

Thank you, I do love #Blogtober and finding out things you wouldn’t normally find out about normally. She has been through it but things are starting to improve finally x

• 1st October 2018 / 12:40 pm

3. 1st October 2018 / 12:03 pm

I’m so pleased your daughter’s migraines have been stopped. I can’t imagine having them 24/7. I was diagnosed with chronic migraines earlier this year and I was getting about 16-20 a month so I know how debilitating they are.
    I hope she enjoys school :o)

• 1st October 2018 / 12:39 pm

Thank you, and so sorry about your migraines I hope they have them under control for you, and she is loving school x

4. 1st October 2018 / 12:41 pm

So glad to hear your daughter’s doing better. Cant wait to read more of your work as the month goes on 🙂 #blogtober

• 1st October 2018 / 2:23 pm

5. 1st October 2018 / 12:42 pm

WOW! Your cat definitely got to a ripe old age! We are very much team dog in this house! #blogtober18

• 1st October 2018 / 2:22 pm

She did, we are 100% team dog in our house now as well x

6. 1st October 2018 / 7:44 pm

This is the great thing about blogtober. it’s helped me find a gem of a blog. i’m pleased your daughter has improved and Wow you must miss your cat. I recently got a new kitten to perk up our old cat, it certainly has, she is very maternal actually except I’m thinking I’ve been a touch premature with getting the kitten because our old cat is only 11 x

• 2nd October 2018 / 11:00 am

I love Blogtober as we as it helps find new blogs and meet new people, my Daughter is improving whichis the best thing and so lovely to see. Yes I do still miss her and look for her, am sure your cat loves having a new playmate x

7. 2nd October 2018 / 7:59 pm

Lovely to meet you, I am sorry to hear your daughter is going through a bad time but glad the migraines have eased.
    Sorry to hear about your cat too but WOW 25!! that is an amazing age. #Blogtober18

• 3rd October 2018 / 10:34 am

Lovely to meet you too, they have eased which has made a huge difference. I still miss my cat but she had a great long life 🙂 x

8. 3rd October 2018 / 5:31 am

Sorry to hear about your daughter’s latest diagnosis but thankfully the migraines have been relieved. I suffer from migraines so I know how much they hurt. I love travel too and am off to Turkey in a few days for some much needed time off from parenting 😉

• 3rd October 2018 / 10:30 am

Thank you, I feel so bad that she has suffered like this 24/7 for 3 years and it could have been helped a long time ago. Have a great time in Turkey am very jealous x

9. 4th October 2018 / 4:57 pm

Lovely to meet you! It is what I love about Blogtober, getting to meet others who I haven’t come across before. I am glad life for your daughter is improving!

• 5th October 2018 / 12:06 pm

Lovely to meet you yoo, I love Blogtober or the same reason, this is my third year taking part with some old faces and some new faces 🙂 x