We all have to move house at some stage in our lives, and know that it is not all about finding that perfect new home to move into. Moving house can mean moving to a completely new area, or even just around the corner to a larger or smaller property.
In my experience, the hardest part of moving home is the packing up your home ready to move, there is so much to think about.
- Declutter – The first thing you need to do is the declutter. Yes that means going through each room, the garden, the garage and any sheds, and the attic to clear all the rubbish. With either endless trips to the rubbish tip or hiring a skip.
- Packing – Slowly packing all our belongings carefully into boxes, praying that nothing gets broken along the way, getting boxes from anywhere we can.
- Dismantling larger items – Then comes the dismantling of larger items to make moving easier, and praying you do not lose any of the fittings along the way.
- The last minute packing – Deciding what you need to keep out and what can be packed.
- The things you do not think about – defrosting the freezer, I know someone who had not thought about this and had a freezer full of food the night before they moved.
If the thought of all this sends you in a huge panic, there are companies that can take all the stress out of moving. You can find ideas of cost on line, which will give you an idea of how much it will cost to move. The obvious factor is distance and house size. For example
- A three bedroom house with a distance over 50 miles is *£800 and they can even do the packing for you at *£275
- A three bedroom house with a distance of under 50 miles is calculated on the amount of movers so 2 movers is £55 for a minimum of two hours and packing £20 per hour per packer
* Are approximate figures.
When looking for a movers, it is always best to get a few quotes as you can find prices differ from company to company. If you are moving home get removal quotes with removers in your area.
Have you ever had any moving house disasters?