Happy New Year

It only seems like yesterday, we were all wishing each other Happy Christmas and rushing around preparing for the big day, and now here we are in 2018.

I hope you all had a great christmas.  I woke up Christmas morning with the cold bug that seem to be hitting everyone I have spoken too, my husband came down with it over new year and C is coming down with it now.  Which means we had a much quieter christmas and new year than normal, and for the first year in years we stayed in for new year.

Looking back at 2017 on a professional level, I have watched my blog grow with a huge rise in followers, and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your continued support.  My social media has also grown and I am even starting to work on my Pinterest finally.

I have also made some great new Blogger friends and can still not believe how supportive the blogger community is.

On a personal level what a year 2017 was for us with many highs and lows.  C has remained very ill and in July her diagnosis changed from ME to Sever ME and Fibromyalgia along with a few  added diagnosis as well.  11.45pm on New Years Eve marked the 2 year anniversary of her being ill and her loss of two years of being a normal happy teenager.  We have had a few laughs and lots of tears and heartbreak, but somehow we continue to carry on and continue to smile and laugh.

We also became grandparents in November to our beautiful Granddaughter who has already got Nanny wrapped around her little finger, I saw her last Friday and I swear she understood everything I was saying and smiling at me haha.

We are also set to become grandparents again in February as our other son is about to become a Dad, and they are expecting a baby boy.

I can see my bank balance is going to be very low this year, but that is what grandparents are for.

In 2018 I am hoping that C manages to start living a normal life, even if she can manage little things it will make such a difference.

For my blog I hope to carry on growing it and that my followers (or friends as I would like to call you) carry on supporting me as you have this past year, it really does mean the world to me.

Happy New Year

1. 4th January 2018 / 6:51 pm

Sorry to hear about C and her struggles I hope 2018 works out to be a better year for her. congratulations on becoming grandparents and the exciting news of having grandson as well as a granddaughter. Sounds to me as if 2018 will be fab year for u.

4th January 2018 / 8:29 pm

Thank you, hopefully 2018 will be a better year for C, and best thing ever was becomming grandparents I am so in love with my little princess x

2. 4th January 2018 / 7:25 pm

It sounds like 2017 was full of ups and downs for you, weve had the bug over the festive period as well, Ash seems to be finally getting better while I’m still up and down, it has definitely been a really nasty one!

4th January 2018 / 8:28 pm

2017 was a rollercoaster year for us. I am sorry you have had the bug as well it seems everyone I speak to has had it, I woke up with it on christmas day still not fully over it, my husband has had it worse than me though to the extent I was really worried about him, and now poor C has it, hopefully it will be gone for us all soon x

3. 4th January 2018 / 9:21 pm

Oh I’m so sorry for your daughter. I was quite ill as a teenager. It really was so hard but now I look back it’s made me more empathetic as an adult and I’ve made up for everything I miss. I hope it will be the same for her. You sound like a lovely mum to her x

5th January 2018 / 10:31 am

Thank you, I think that is the hardest part the fact of knowing what she is missing out on, I am sure she will be able to make up for it one day x

4. Rebecca Smith
    4th January 2018 / 9:50 pm

Happy new year. It sounds like 2017 was a rollercoaster year for you. here’s hoping 2018 is a bit more settled.

5th January 2018 / 10:30 am

Happy new year to you, it was a rollercoaster year, this year has started with a bang as well but one thing it can only get better x

5. 5th January 2018 / 10:44 am

Happy new year to you, I am so sorry to hear that things with your daughter haven’t got any better, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that things get better this year x

5th January 2018 / 12:13 pm

Thank you, I really hope things get better for her as well x

6. 5th January 2018 / 11:26 am

Happy New year to you too and congratulations on becoming grandparents x

5th January 2018 / 12:12 pm

Happy New Year to you and thank you, one of the best feelings in the world x

7. 5th January 2018 / 7:13 pm

2017 was a very mixed bag for you. I do hope things improve for C in 2018. I’m so glad that your blog soared in 2017 I’m sure your ever so proud of your achievements 🙂 wishing you a wonderful year ahead lovely x

5th January 2018 / 7:59 pm

2017 was a rollercoaster year just hope 2018 is not as bumpy,I hope you have a good 2018 x

8. Katrina
    5th January 2018 / 10:24 pm

Happy new year- well done on becoming a nanny too

6th January 2018 / 9:57 am

Happy New Year and thank you 🙂 x

9. 5th January 2018 / 10:40 pm

I am sorry to hear about C. I hope that 2018 is a better year for her. Wishing her well. I wish you and your whole family a lovely 2018 and congratulations on becoming a grandparent 💛💛

6th January 2018 / 9:56 am

Thank you am hoping she has a better year this year, and I am loving being a Nanny x

10. 6th January 2018 / 11:17 am

Happy new year! I really hope for a better 2018 for C. How lovely that you will become Grandparents again this year 🙂

6th January 2018 / 11:29 am

Happy New Year, thank you I hope she has a better year as well, and yes becomming grandparents again in a couple of months x

11. 7th January 2018 / 8:22 pm

Congratulations on becoming grandparents and I hope all goes well and you have another happy and healthy grandchild in February!

8th January 2018 / 12:18 pm

Thank you, am loving being a grandparent and looking forward to number 2 next month x

12. Kara
    8th January 2018 / 5:02 pm

Congratulations on being a Grandma, I don’t think it will be long until I reach that milestone too. Hope your daughter finds some respite from her illnesses this year

9th January 2018 / 10:26 am

Thank you, it is the best thing ever. I hope she does as well bless her x

13. 9th January 2018 / 9:30 am

Aww, Congrats on becoming Grandparents and here’s hoping 2018 is kinder to you than 2017!!

9th January 2018 / 10:19 am