Last month I told you about a the board game club I had joined. Where each month I would receive a new board game to play and review. Last month was the board game Dixit, which you can read about here. This month is a great board game called Pandemic.
Pandemic is a co-operative board game, which is based on the premise that four diseases have broken out in the world, and each disease is threatening to wipe out a region.
The game can be played by 2-4 players aged 10+, each player is one of five possible specialists.
Unlike other board games where you play against each other, Pandemic is a game where you work together in your selected role to stop the spread of four diseases and work together to cure them before a pandemic occurs.
- You start the game in Atlanta the home of the centres for disease control, where you are given a random role and payer cards.
- Each player on their turn can take 4 actions
- You can share information with another player, if they are in the same city and are either giving or receiving the player card representing that city.
- Treating a unit of infection and removing a cube from that city
- Constructing a research lab in a city that you hold the city card for
- Finding the cure for the disease by being in a city with a research lab
You carry on playing until
- More than 7 outbreaks occur
- There are no more cubes for the disease colour, when they are needed during an infection or epidemic
- There are no more player cards left to draw
- All 4 diseases are cured
Do not worry if you have read this and feel confused, it sounds more confusing than it is, we really enjoyed playing this game, and it makes a lovely change to work together in a game rather than trying to win.
Pandemic is currently available at Amazon for £29.99 but is currently on offer at £26.67.
With the longer evenings starting to draw in, where you just want to curl up at home in the warmth, this is a great game to play.
Previous games I have reviewed
* I received this game free of charge for an unbiased review, all findings are my own.