What’s been going on -15/08/2017

It seems ages since I did my last update, I really must get back into my weekly updates, and as promised to those who have messaged me, here is what has been going on in the world of StressedMum.

As always I will start with C, my last update was just after we had seen our new Consultant and the added diagnosis she has.  We received the Consultants letter at the end of the week before last, and then had the dramas of trying to get our GP to prescribe the new medication, which was finally sorted last Monday.  It has wiped her out but that is just her getting used to the new meds.  But on Thursday night at about midnight, she messaged me to say her chest hurt, I went into see her and she looked awful, so I reread the leaflet that comes with medication, which did mention about chest pains, I also went online looking for more information, and chest pains came up as one of the side effects and to obtain medical help.  As it was midnight I rang 111, who told us a Dr would call but could take up to 6 hours, so I settled C down and made a coffee and prepared for the wait, and at 2.30 the Dr rang and asked us to take her into A&E for an ECG.  Thankfully we were seen straight away, and the ECG was fine.  The Dr was awful though, he had no idea what ME was, but had heard of Fibromyalgia, told us to just speak to our GP Surgery in future, by this time it was gone 4.30am and was not in the best mood, and pointed out that had it been during the day I would have spoken to my GP.  He kept talking to C, who was ill, tired and woozy from her medication and getting frustrated as she was talking quietly and did not understand what he was asking.  We finally got home at gone 5am.  Luckily the pains have gone now.

In other news, I am off to a Baby Shower on Saturday for my first grandchild, I know (or hope she does not read this) the sex was being kept a secret until the shower, but unfortunately it has been let out and she now knows, and I can tell you my first grandchild is going to be a granddaughter.

I did a bit of online shopping with C yesterday so I have some bits to take with me, C is not up to going, and this is a few of the items she chose, especially from Auntie C

Baby Shower gifts

Our gifts are obviously going to be a bid more expensive, and am still getting them together.

On Saturday, my husband and myself had a day to ourselves and headed to London for brunch, will write a post later about our experience, but we had an amazing day and really recharged our batteries.

I hope you have all been enjoying the summer holidays x

1. 15th Aug 2017 / 10:58 am

Awww how awful for C. I am currently being investigated for fibromyalgia and doctors are such hard work at times!! Congratulations on the granddaughter!! How sweet!! 🙂

15th Aug 2017 / 12:02 pm

Am so sorry you are suffering as well, not sure what area you live in but we have a great consultant near us who really understands the illness, people travel from all over to see him, and I am so excited can not stop looking at pink baby clothes x

2. 15th Aug 2017 / 11:29 am

Congrats on finding out the sex of your baby, how exciting that you’ll have a granddaughter! x

15th Aug 2017 / 12:01 pm

I know, I am over the moon, our other sons girlfriend is also expecting but got a few weeks to wait until we find out the sex of that one, I can not stop looking at baby clothes and items now x

3. Baby Isabella
    15th Aug 2017 / 1:18 pm

Sounds like a really unsympathetic doctor! My mummy sometimes find that side effects are worse with new medication too. I hope she’s ok and hasn’t had anymore chest pains x

15th Aug 2017 / 8:16 pm

He was unsympathetic and weird as well, but the main thing is C was ok and hasn’t had any further chest pains thank you x

4. 15th Aug 2017 / 7:59 pm

Congratulations on your first grandchild! I hope the baby shower goes well 🙂

15th Aug 2017 / 8:15 pm

Thank you, am really looking forward to it x

5. 15th Aug 2017 / 10:04 pm

i hope things work out for C with her new meds and they help her feel a little better, I hope you have an awesome time at the baby shower as well!

16th Aug 2017 / 9:39 am

Thank you, we are just a couple of days into the increased dosage of them, and she is so spaced out with them, but hopefully will settle down soon. I was speaking to my Mums cousin the other day and she has had Fibromyalgia for 20 years and it has taken all this time to get the right medication to work for her. I am really looking forward to the baby shower x

6. 16th Aug 2017 / 9:05 am

That’s nice that you had your husband had some alone time, sounds like you needed it after last week x

16th Aug 2017 / 9:38 am

We did need it, it just gives us a few hours to relax and unwind and we did have a great time x