It is Friday and I am home alone, everyone is out (well apart from C who is munching fresh mango for breakfast in bed), oh and the dogs and the cat is about somewhere. I am sitting having a coffee and thinking what I have to do today.
- Washing – contrary to what others believe, there is no magic fairy who waves a magic wand and poof there is a nice pile of clean and ironed washing. I have just been through my wash basket and taken belts off my sons jeans, emptied all the rubbish out of his pockets (sadly no money was found), untangled jumpers and tops that are inside out and worn together (that was a major task in itself). Then carried it down and put it in that white box like thing with a big hole in the middle.
- Kitchen – I walked into the kitchen this morning and thought I had missed a party, with the amount of items randomly placed on the side. Yes I know the dishwasher needs emptying but it is not just down to me, and it had just finished running as I was going to bed last night. And then there is all the spilt mess around. So before I dare to do anything in there (apart from make my coffee) I need to re-clean it all again, as obviously I must have dreamt doing that after dinner last night.
- Clean the bathroom – Anyone who moans about their little ones making a mess in the bathroom, you know nothing until you have teenagers in the house (C is an exception as she can barely stand at the moment and not that messy). I have also been trying to see if anyone else can remove the empty toilet rolls, usually I move them but I was trying a little test to see if anyone else can move them, don’t try this experiment yourself it does not happen and I will be removing the 3 empty rolls today as I have had enough, along with all the other empty bottles of various things a teenager just can not do.
- Hoovering and mopping – Having two dogs, you can imagine the state of my floors, and as soon as I have completed this task it will probably look like I have not done it for a week. But I have to pick up all the toys that the dogs scatter everywhere, and think it is a great game to get everything out.
- Ironing – Usually my worst job in the world, I am quite looking forward to this today. I am having a battle with my son at the moment about the state of his room and various other things. I think he thinks his wardrobe is the chair in the dining room. I told him in the new year I will not be doing anymore ironing until he sorts his bedroom and puts his clothes away. Every week he puts his ironing onto the ironing pile, and I take it off. I know tomorrow there is going to be a major fall out, as my other son is coming and my husband is having a boys afternoon evening out with both the boys (it is their christmas presents) and he wont have anything to wear. I also have his bag in my lounge with his dirty clothes from when he saw his girlfriend last weekend, I have dared my husband not to move it, as it will be my fault nothing has been washed. He has been told by both of us and is just a typical teenager and lazy.
- Then there is C – Alongside this I will be helping C, with getting to the bathroom and making sure she is ok, she can not be left alone as if she tries to go by herself she ends up shouting for me as she has fallen and can not get up. So will also be sitting in with her as well and chatting.
What plans do you have today? I bet your plans are much more exciting than mine