The Reality Of Getting Rich Quick

We all fantasize about getting rich. Just think how much our lives would change if we didn’t have to

work, if we had no limitations on spending money! How wonderful it would be to live a life of leisure

and to travel as much as we desired. But is getting rich all that it’s hyped up to be? Let’s do a reality

check.

Getting rich quick is, for most of us, just a pipe dream. It rarely happens. Does that mean we should stop

dreaming? No, of course not. There are a number of ways you can quickly come into a lot of money:

• Inherit a fortune.  But, how many of us have a very rich uncle?
  • Visit a casino.  We know the house has the advantage.  Still, it can be quite thrilling to sit down at a blackjack table or hear the coins dropping when you win on a slot machine.
  • Play the lottery.  The odds of winning a huge lottery ackpot may seem insurmountable, but eventually someone does manage to win.  Geography is no long a barrier to lottery play.  You can purchase official lottery tickets with an online ticket purchasing service such as the Lotter.com
  • Invest in a startup.  You would need to start off with good deal of cash before you can start making business investments  And venture capital is a very risky business

What happens when you do get rich? As someone once said, “Being rich is better than not being rich,

but it’s not nearly as good as you imagine it is.”

The good side of being rich is that you no longer have to worry about your daily expenses and your

retirement is financially secure. In fact, you don't have to work at all if you don’t want to, although

surprisingly, many big lottery winners choose to continue their regular day jobs. Being rich means you

can take time off to travel and live in a house of your choosing. You can ensure your family’s financial

well-being including your children’s education. Life is easier when you don’ have to worry about money.

But there is a downside to being rich as well. For sure the tax man will want a share of your financial

windfall. Fortunes can come and go, sometimes as quickly as they arrived. Your relationships with family

and friends will most definitely change, and not always for the better. Along the way you will meet

people who only want you for your money. Dangers of being rich including spending out of control,

substance abuse, and the feeling that you will never have enough of anything.

Getting rich quickly doesn’t really change you. If you were happy before, you will be happy with a lot of

money. If you were a jerk before, you will still be a jerk. And more importantly, as the slogan goes,

money can’t buy you love or happiness.

Maybe we’ve incorrectly defined what it means to get rich. Instead of focusing on accumulating material

wealth, we should work to improve our lives. We should find the ways to be happy with what we

already have, or with what we are capable of achieving. After all, there are some things in life that are

better than being rich. And if we set our minds on these personal goals, we can become rich very quickly

indeed.

*This is a pre-written sponsored post.

1. Lynne Harper
    14th Feb 2017 / 4:37 pm

Gosh I’m forever letting my mind wander of, dreaming of having a lavish lifestyle, being head to toe in fabulous designer clothes and you know what I know it’s never going to happen but I absolutely love thinking about it yay. Fab post lovely x

15th Feb 2017 / 10:23 am

We all have our dreams, I would like my house redone and be just how I want it, I have it all planned in my head, I would also get a new car, as ours is getting old now x

2. 14th Feb 2017 / 4:46 pm

I would just love to have enough money to pay off my mortgage and we comfortable, not mega-millions, though naturally in my head ive spent every penny of every lottery x

15th Feb 2017 / 10:20 am

I have my dreams for if I won the lottery, it would be nice to be debt free though x

3. 14th Feb 2017 / 11:35 pm

Sometimes we have to think about what we mean by being rich. When I worked in an office a lot of colleagues thought they were richer than me because they had newer cars, bigger houses etc. But they are still working to pay for those things and I could afford to give up work more than five years ago.

15th Feb 2017 / 10:18 am

I totally agree, we often say being rich is not about what you have, to me being rich is about what you have in life and to me it is my family and friends and memories x

4. 15th Feb 2017 / 12:27 pm

I think everyone wants to get rich, but there are better things in life than money. You’ve made me want to buy a lottery ticket though!

15th Feb 2017 / 1:31 pm

I very rarely buy lottery tickets these days, I have started doing the postcode lottery, after my friends Mum won a lot of money and realise that real people do win. This is my second month of doing it and won already.

5. 15th Feb 2017 / 12:29 pm

As long as I have my family and we are healthy, there is not much I would change!

15th Feb 2017 / 1:30 pm

Having family and friends and making memories is the richest you can be x

6. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy
    15th Feb 2017 / 4:15 pm

You never know how money is going to change someone. I would like to find out though haha

15th Feb 2017 / 7:57 pm

So would I 🙂

7. 15th Feb 2017 / 9:55 pm

Getting rich shouldn’t change the values you hold it should just enhance them but of course I would love to have lots of money but it wouldn’t change what I believe in X

16th Feb 2017 / 7:14 pm

I totally agree, if I won a lot of money I would have my home as I dream of, but it would not change me x

8. Lyndsey
    15th Feb 2017 / 10:48 pm

I have a friend that one a huge amount of money on the lottery and she is actually very unhappy at times. Its so true money does not buy happiness!

16th Feb 2017 / 7:13 pm

It is true that money doesn’t buy you happiness, it can make life a little more comfortable but not happy x

9. 19th Feb 2017 / 4:18 pm

I think too many people think coming into money will make them happy. I don’t believe so. I think it would be nice to have financial security, be able to help others and be able to travel to all the places you want, but not convinced it’s completely perfect x

19th Feb 2017 / 9:11 pm

I have always said money can’t buy you happiness x