This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Sammie from Porridge & Parenting.
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
My blog was started as a creative outlet when my daughter was young. As a stay at home parent I was going a little insane and my poor husband was sick to death of listening to me. I would find that I spoke so fast and almost incoherently anytime an adult would entertain the idea of a conversation with me, I needed to get it all out! So, I wrote it down. That was about a year ago. I go through phases of being very active on the blog and social media and not being on there at all, I am not a very consistent blogger. I love it though.
2. What is your current relationship status?
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s Day?
We aren’t very good at celebrating things to be honest. Neither of us are sentimental, we didn’t even get each other a card for our first wedding anniversary last year! I doubt we will get cards or gifts, but we may go out for dinner or something like that if we can rope in a babysitter.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
My husband and I love films, we are big cinema goers, or at least we were before we had our daughter. So we would probably go to see a movie and grab food after.
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
My husband isn’t exactly ‘romantic’ but he is a sweetheart. He cooks for me regularly, always things he knows I will love. He knows food is the way to my heart!
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
The Holiday! Or maybe How to lose a guy in 10 days.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
Hmm… I think maybe Alexander Skarsgard.
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
I love flowers. I tend to buy them for myself though, as I love having a fresh bouquet in the house. They really cheer me up.
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
We have one daughter who is 2 and a half. I think I want one more, it is something we are in discussions about it at the moment!
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
We had Machines by Biffy Clyro. Not very romantic, I’ll grant you and it got a bit awkward to dance to once ‘the beat’ dropped but it reminded us of our early days of dating and the beginning was a nice rhythm to sway to.
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
Nope, no plans. My father in law is babysitting the following weekend so I think we will go for a late v-day dinner.
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
Absolutely not. I don’t do fishy food!
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
I love Italy. I would go back to where we had our honeymoon, Palermo in Sicily. It really was incredible. Lazy days in the city, evenings drinking cocktails and eating amazing food. Perfect.
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
Goodness me, erm… makes my husband sound awful but I don’t really have one. We tend to do stuff rather than buy stuff for occasions.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship?
You can catch up with Sammie over at her blog and her social media pages here!
Blog URL: www.porridgeandparenting.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/porridgeandparenting
Instagram: www.instagram.com/porridgeandparenting<div align=”center”><a title=”The Mighty Duxburys”