Blogtober Day 16 – Piercings and Tattoos

It is Day 16 and todays topic is Piercings and Tattoos.

I am very boring and just have my ears pierced, I have had them done twice though haha.

I am not a fan on piercings and tattoos if I am honest, but do find them interesting at the same time.  My boys have recently got into a craze of having tattoos and I have sat and told them both, just be careful where you have them done and that once you have it that is it for life.

Piercings are not as bad, as you can take them out and no one will know, unless it is those ear stretch things that I just do not understand, and all 3 of mine have been told not to have them.

But at the end of the day, it is not my decision what they do to their bodies and they all know my views and opinions, and I have also been known to sit and chat to someone with hundreds of tattoos and/or piercings and find out more about the story behind them, as I say although I hate them, I find them very interesting.

Bit of a short post today as I have nothing to show or share really.

Do you have any tattoos and piercings?

What are your thoughts on them?

#Blogtober16

1. 16th October 2016 / 10:13 am

I agree, it is up to them but they do need to be reminded that it is for ever. I also think because I am of the older generation that tattoos had a different meaning when I was young. #Blogtober16

16th October 2016 / 11:50 am

Totally agree, as I am older I have seen the results, my 18 year old has a few and has great plans for more, the conversations we have had to remind him they are forever etc

2. Ashleigh Day
    16th October 2016 / 3:35 pm

I’ve got 8 tattoos and 4 piercings. I’d have more tomorrow if i could afford too. xx

16th October 2016 / 3:40 pm

They are expensive x

3. Christine Dodd
    16th October 2016 / 7:24 pm

They are not for me, but I do find them strangely fascinating on other people

17th October 2016 / 7:26 am

Me too, its is not the tattoos or piercings it is the story behind them I love the most x

4. Amelia Larsen
    17th October 2016 / 10:01 am

I’ve currently got 8 piercings (all in my ears) but I’ve had around 20 over the years, like you said I think they’re better as you can take them out! I also stretched my ears when I was younger much to my parents horror!

17th October 2016 / 12:07 pm

Piercings can be taken out and only you will know really they have been there. My 18 year old is forever winding me up about having his ear stretched I hate them and just think about later on when they get bored. He knows our views but it is his body

5. 18th October 2016 / 10:16 pm

I really like both, but have none! Sounds a bit silly, but I’ve never been able to settle on what I want, and since it’s a lifetime commitment, I’ve never gone ahead with it.

19th October 2016 / 9:58 am

That doesn’t sound silly it sounds sensible x

6. 21st October 2016 / 2:31 pm

In total, I have 9 tattoos. I’ve had my eyebrow pierced and both my ears. Unfortunately, due to an allergy to metal I’ve had to remove all my piercings and swap my earrings to plastic ones where I got them stretched to 1cm (which isn’t so bad).
    I think with regards to tattoo’s they are a lifetime commitment but as long as they’re tasteful and personal to you then they’re good. For example, I have tattoo’s that serve as reminders of family members who have passed away covering my ribs and my back which are easy to cover up and remain personal to me. My arms I’ve gone for different coloured tattoos (red, blue etc) but again, I can wear jumpers or long sleeves and get keep them covered.
    I’ve seen people with their heads and faces tattoo’d which just isn’t for me as I can’t imagine walking around with a balaclava on to keep them covered when I need to but each to their own.
    I would always advise someone to take a long time thinking about it and making sure that it’s what you want as it’s a lot more painful and expensive to get them covered.

21st October 2016 / 2:57 pm

I totally agree think long and hard before having a tattoo, for me I do not like them but my husband has them and wants a new one to cover up an old one he hates. My boys both have them, although the younger one has been told about his face and neck as he was talking about them, but he often says things to wind me up and get a reaction. I do find them fascinating on other people and have often been found chatting to someone covered in them finding out their story behind them