An Update

I need to apologise as have not been keeping up with my weekly posts, so thought I would do an update for you all, as I know a lot of you do keep up with the weekly updates.

It has been a few weeks since I last did a weekly update, I have been having quite a stressful time, definitely living up to the name of StressedMum.

I have been having a few emotional times and fighting with various professionals, but finally things seem to be coming together and hopefully, improving.

My Daughter has been having a very rough time, as her medication was starting not to work, so she has been suffering with migraines constantly and leg pains, I had heard of a medication that a lot of other children with ME/CFS has been put on and once dosage sorted it really does help.  Finally after a lot of phone calls and trips to the GP we have been put on it to try.  Unfortunately, it takes time to start working properly so I have am sitting up until quite late while she has been settling.

As you all know, education has been quite a no go since being ill.  Today, I had a meeting in school and a plan has been put into place to start in September.  I have been very lucky with my Daughters school, that they have been understanding of her illness and no pressurised us at all.  I was wanting home tuition with the understanding she can integrate into school when she was able too.  We are starting off with 3 x 1 hour sessions a week to be reviewed with home tuition and maybe one session at school in a quiet room, with the tutor and bring her friends in for part of it.  After discussing it and thinking further, we may go for all the sessions in school, as it might make her feel a bit more ‘normal’.  But this is still to be discussed.

We have also had the boys staying various weekends, which is lovely and I love having all my children around, and my Daughter loves her brothers being here and fussing over her.

We were supposed to be going to Cornwall for a few days this weekend, but sadly have cancelled (well postponed) due to my Daughter, but we will be going later in the year.

I was also very happy last week, to post about my first years blog anniversary, that to me is a major achievement that through all this, I have maintained my blog and have built up such a lovely supportive following (although I prefer friends), as you are all amazing and your messages have always made me smile.  So once again thank you 🙂

Now for me to catch up on you, have you been up to anything nice?

1. 13th July 2016 / 1:49 pm

Aw sorry to hear about all the stress as of late. Seems to be a little progress on the horizon. Congratulations on the 1 year blogaversary

13th July 2016 / 3:15 pm

Thank you, I have been having constant battles, and thought I would today and it was so refreshing to go into a meeting and have everyone looking out for my Daughter. I really do feel we are getting somewhere now x

2. 13th July 2016 / 3:57 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your daughter’s illness. I know many people with CFS and it’s not easy. Fingers crossed that the new meds work.

14th July 2016 / 9:49 am

Thank you, it is not easy but I have a great support from some wonderful friends x

3. 13th July 2016 / 7:58 pm

Have we been up to anything nice – hmmm not really but I have just booked a camping trip to Loch Ness for next week. Yeah!

14th July 2016 / 9:48 am

That will be nice, will keep fingers crossed for nice weather and you may even spot the monster 🙂 x

4. 14th July 2016 / 1:38 am

I’m sorry your daughter’s medication hasn’t been working! I hope the new medicine helps out quickly. It sounds like you have decent ongoing communication with the school. That should be helpful going forward.

14th July 2016 / 9:47 am

Thank you, hopefully the medications will start helping fully soon. I feel we are getting the proper support now and it really does make a difference

5. 14th July 2016 / 8:20 am

I’m so glad you’re feeling more supported and like there’s a plan to move forward.

14th July 2016 / 9:46 am

Thank you, it has taken a long time, but finally things are getting sorted x

6. nicol
    14th July 2016 / 9:54 am

oh no! sad to hear about the emotional times but youve always got supporters to help pick you back up 🙂

14th July 2016 / 2:52 pm

Thank you, it is just the constant battles sometimes more than one at the same time, but slowly we are getting there x

14th July 2016 / 2:51 pm

Thank you, things have been getting to me this past few weeks, but finally all falling into place (fingers crossed) x

7. 14th July 2016 / 12:19 pm

Sending you loads of virtual strength to keep being the awesome mum you are. Some times are just harder than others, but thankfully there are easier times too to balance it all out.

14th July 2016 / 2:50 pm

Thank you, I have let it all get on top of me this past few weeks, but finally things seem to be starting to fall into place and fingers crossed no more brick walls for a while x

8. 14th July 2016 / 4:37 pm

Sorry to hear about how stressful things have been lately. The good thing about stressful times is that there’s always a moment of catharsis at the end of it all that brings new light to situations 🙂

14th July 2016 / 6:23 pm

Very true, we are hopefully at the light now 🙂 x

9. Jessica McDonnell
    14th July 2016 / 7:23 pm

I’m sorry to hear about everything that has been going on. I know what it’s like living with a chronic illness – it can put a strain on the whole family, you’re doing really well to be a strong mum. I hope she feels better soon.

15th July 2016 / 4:03 pm

I am sorry you know what it is like, and hope things are not too bad for you. It is hard and very stressful at times, but as you know, you just have to roll up your sleeves put a smile on your face and carry on, even though at times you just want to scream x

10. 14th July 2016 / 8:45 pm

Aww hun, I just want to give you both a big fat hug, it will have to be virtual but I am sorry for you both, you’re right it is a rough time you both seem to be having x

15th July 2016 / 4:01 pm

Thank you :), hopefully things will start to even out now for a while at least x

11. Anosa
    15th July 2016 / 7:36 pm

I hope your daughter is feeling better and glad the school is understanding about the schooling.

16th July 2016 / 12:06 pm

Thank you, early days with her new medication but hopefully it will help her and getting school sorted has really calmed things down – well for me anyway 🙂 x

12. 16th July 2016 / 5:52 am

Mix of happy and not so good happenings. Most importantly is you keep yourself healthy and keep blogging. Cheers for more years of your blog! 🙂

16th July 2016 / 12:04 pm

Thank you, it has been like a rollercoaster lately, but hopefully on a calm ride now 🙂 x

13. 17th July 2016 / 7:12 pm

I think it’s great that you’re able to get your daughter slowly back into school in a way that makes her comfortable, and that her school are being completely understanding!

17th July 2016 / 9:18 pm

Thank you, it is such a huge relief to have something in plan x

14. 2nd August 2016 / 11:54 am

It sounds like you’ve had a very stressful & busy time indeed! I’m glad your daughter’s school is so good – having that support must help loads!

2nd August 2016 / 12:05 pm

It has been very stressful and busy, but we got there in the end, and hopefully things will be a lot smoother from September. Thank you x