An update on The Bear

As you will know we recently got a puppy, it has been quite a while since we had a puppy in the house, and he has certainly kept us busy.

Bear turned 13 weeks old yesterday, he now resembles a German Shepherd a lot more now that both his ears are sticking up and not all floppy.

He is certainly a character, and there is never a dull moment, and poor Max sleeps very well at night to the extent if we walk through the kitchen he can not even open his eyes.

Although Bear is a family pet, he seems to have adopted me, if he is asleep and I walk through into the kitchen he has to get up and follow me and lie on my feet, if I am sitting in the lounge he has to come in and sit on my feet, when I come down in the mornings he will not leave me alone, if I hide in the studio he hunts me down and lies by my feet.

He also loves to chew my feet, hang off clothes, pull my hair and chew my hand or arm, all this he is hopefully learning is not how to behave.

He loves nothing more than rough play with Max, I have put a few videos up of them playing when he was a bit younger, poor Max lies on the floor and Bear clambers all over him and grabs hold of him, it looks quite nasty but it is how they play, dread to think what they will be like when he is fully grown.

He had not had any injections when we got him, so has not yet been out for a walk, that happens this Thursday, he hates his lead, well he likes to chew on it and play with it, but he doesn’t like not being able to go where he wants to go, so is going to be very interesting.

He is a real cheeky boy, who has won all our hearts.

23rd May 2016 / 5:48 pm

I know, these pictures were taken this afternoon, he seems really little still at times and really big other times x

1. Laura Haley
    23rd May 2016 / 8:41 pm

What a gorgeous fluffy boy. Poor Max, being pounced so often-bless him.

24th May 2016 / 9:38 am

Max loves it really, he is even flurrier this morning as he has just had a brush x

2. 24th May 2016 / 12:50 pm

Totally stunning looking pup! He is going to be such a big boy.

24th May 2016 / 7:30 pm

He is going to be a big boy his paws are huge x

3. 24th May 2016 / 9:17 pm

Oh I had a German Shepherd when I was younger. He was my baby! He protected me and loved me and cuddled me, best dog ever, He died when he was about 7 years old though of stomach Cancer. Broke my heart and still miss him to the day.

You have got yourself the best pet there ever! He will be your best friend and PS he is gorgeous 😀

25th May 2016 / 2:22 pm

Thank you, my Grandparents had a father and son pair of German Shepherds one was a gentle giant the other you knew you had him. My parents had a white german shepherd he used to lie and protect my daughter when she was a baby. We have an Alaskan Malamute and got Bear for him as he was pining for our old dog. They adore each other but Bear is more my dog he always has to know where I am, unless he is getting up to mischief somewhere x

4. Emma Bee (@Emmabuzzybee)
    25th May 2016 / 9:50 pm

gorgeous 🙂 i bet he is going to be such a softie!

26th May 2016 / 7:48 pm

He is a right softie loves a cuddle when not trying to chew me x

5. 26th May 2016 / 10:02 am

Wow he has grown so quickly, such a beautiful dog, my Nan always had German Shepherds and they are s beautiful x

26th May 2016 / 7:38 pm

He is growing, you can really see the german shepherd in him now, he is a gorgeous pup my grandparents had two german shepherds (father and son) when I was growing up. They are a gorgeous breed x

6. 26th May 2016 / 7:46 pm

oh bless! i am such a big dog lover; they are such a big part of the family

26th May 2016 / 10:02 pm

We are huge animal lovers and Bear has certainly fallen on his feet coming to live with us x

7. 26th May 2016 / 8:30 pm

Isn’t bear the cutest little thing, I’d love a dog but don’t have the time for one.

26th May 2016 / 10:01 pm

He is too cute :), I find myself stopping what I am doing and play with him, mind you it isn’t hard he is my shadow if he can’t see me he hunts me down x

8. Nayna Kanabar
    26th May 2016 / 10:21 pm

How very sweet that you two have a special bond.

27th May 2016 / 3:52 pm

Thank you, usually if I go out of a room or up to the studio he has to hunt me down and sit on my feet, I wouldn’t change it though as I love him to bits x

9. Charli Bruce
    26th May 2016 / 10:45 pm

Oh, he is just so perfect! My nan had a German Shepard and he reminds me of her so much! Bless the way he plays with Max, I remember when I was younger and we got our puppy she was always pouncing all over our older dog who just wanted to chill. Hope the walk went well today x

27th May 2016 / 3:51 pm

He is such a tease and you often finding him lying on top of Max chewing away at him, he didn’t do too bad with his walk, although Max wasn’t too happy as it wasn’t as long as usual x

10. 27th May 2016 / 7:52 am

Oh what a cutie! It’s so hard having a puppy around, but a lot of fun. My Pip is 19 months old now and still acts like a puppy!

27th May 2016 / 3:49 pm

Max is 5 this year and still thinks he is a puppy, although compared with Bear he is like an old man :), puppies are hard work but so much fun and worth every second x

11. 27th May 2016 / 7:42 am

Oh he is just absolutely lovely. I would lover to have a dog, but with three cats, we have no room!

27th May 2016 / 3:50 pm

My poor cat hates him, she just about tolerates Max, but Bear thinks she is a play thing and he will sit and bark at her or chase her and she sits there staring at him.

12. 27th May 2016 / 11:04 am

What a glorious looking dog! He really has the most appealing face. I feel a little sorry for Max too 🙂

27th May 2016 / 3:47 pm

He is a cutie :), don’t feel too sorry for Max though he has been caught starting things off 🙂 x

13. 28th May 2016 / 9:21 am

Lol chewing your feet? Oh dear but I mean who can get mad at him because he is a gorgeous boy isn’t he?

30th May 2016 / 8:12 pm

He is such a cutie, he does get away with murder, he chews my feet I hop around going ouch lol, but you can not be mad at him he certainly has me down as a huge softie x

14. 29th May 2016 / 10:36 pm

He looks so adorable! I’m more of a cat person but would love a dog around the house. The cats in our place are always drawn to my wife, who i have now nicknamed the crazy cat lady lol. You just can’t beat the affection of a good pet. Stephen

30th May 2016 / 8:09 pm

Thank you he certainly is a character, my cat is very old now and she hates the puppy who wants to play with her, she just wants a quiet life now bless her x

15. 31st May 2016 / 12:18 pm

Aw he is adorable! We cannot wait to move into a house rather than an apartment so we can have a dog. My parents have 3 of their own but in total have had 5 different dogs. Bear is absolutely gorgeous!

31st May 2016 / 12:45 pm

I don’t think I could live without a dog now, he is a cutie and has had a ball this weekend as we had the boys staying x

16. 2nd June 2016 / 10:02 pm

What a beautiful dog! I’d quite like to get a puppy one day but they do look like they can be a lot of work!

3rd June 2016 / 7:04 pm

Thank you, they are hard work, especially when so young as they need training, he is pretty good though and such a character x

17. Jenni
    7th June 2016 / 9:26 pm

Bless him, he is adorable. Hope he soon gets used to the lead when you venture out x

9th June 2016 / 12:38 pm

Thank you, he is such a cutie, and he loves his lead now and walks really well x