A Little Trip Out

A Little Trip Out

Today, I have done something that I have wanted to do for so long. I took my Daughter out on a little trip out. Yes that is right you read it correctly, we went out and had a girls trip out.

A girls trip out

As you will be aware, she has CFS/ME. This means that she is wiped out and has trouble walking. This has been something we have both missed doing.

This week, has not been a good week for her. She has been bed bound for most of it, and totally wiped out, and really not well at all.

We finally got her a wheelchair this week, and it meant that she could start to enjoy life a bit.

I needed to pop out into town for a few bits, so she got up and dressed. So I told her the fresh air would do her good, as would different surroundings.

I helped her into the car and off we went. I managed to get the wheelchair out of the boot without causing any damage to the car or me, and in she got and off we went.

We had a great time, she got some treats and we did not crash into anything, and it was lovely to see her enjoying herself and smiling.

She is back home now, totally worn out and back in bed but it was lovely, just me and her on our own, and it means that we can now do this a lot more.

We also had some great news today, that she has been awarded a mobility badge, which means I can take her swimming, which she has missed as I can park right outside the doors, this will also be great exercise for her as well, and her physio is very supportive of this and thinks it is great.

Digiprove seal
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2019

You might also like

Comments (42)

• Nikki 3 years ago Reply

I am so pleased to hear that you got the blue badge! This will make things so nuch easier for you guys when out. Sounds like you had a great day out 🙂

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, it will make a huge difference, and mean that in the summer on her good days we can get out and about. We were only out for an hour but it was lovely, have missed our little trips out just the two of us. I managed to get her laughing in the picture as she looked around and laughed as she saw me take the picture x

• Melanie Edjourian 3 years ago Reply

It’s lovely to hear that she got out and about for a bit.

admin 3 years ago Reply

I know, it was lovely and something we have both been looking forward to doing again for a long time x

• Rachel 3 years ago Reply

She looks as though she had an amazing time, look at the smile x

admin 3 years ago Reply

I know she did, I caught her unaware she looked around and laughed at me for taking a photo, it wore her out but was lovely to get out with her x

• Renna 3 years ago Reply

Aaaahhh. Glad you can take her swimming as that’s always great to feel free again.

admin 3 years ago Reply

I know she can not wait to go swimming, hopefully next week x

• Corinne 3 years ago Reply

Aww, this is lovely to see. So glad you managed to have a great time with her. Look forward to reading about more adventures 🙂

Corinne x

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, hopefully there will be many more adventures to come x

• Good to get out of the house every now and again. The fresh air does help. Glad to know you guys had fun.

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you we had a great time, and a few treats were purchased for her x

• Miss Kitty Kaos 3 years ago Reply

So glad you managed to get a wheelchair they can make all the difference and so lovely that you got to spend a day out together X

Miss Kitty Kaos – Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl

admin 3 years ago Reply

It will make all the difference and I managed ok with getting it in and out of the car on my own as it is quite heavy and bulky. It was so nice spending a bit of us time like we used to do x

• Working mum Blog 3 years ago Reply

I am so pleased for the two of you to hear you are getting out and about. The mobility badge sounds like a great progress too. Swimming is a great way to get some exercise for anyone. Wishing you and your beautiful family a great weekend x

admin 3 years ago Reply

It was lovely our first trip out, it was before christmas when she last went out around the shops, it has just been appointments, it really cheered her up although she was wiped out last night. Hope you have a great weekend as well x

• Sally Akins 3 years ago Reply

When I was a teenager one of my friends had ME. She used to be exhausted after a day out, but she always felt it was worth it to be out and about. I’m so pleased that your daughter has got a wheelchair and a mobility badge as well now, I bet they’ll make a huge difference x

admin 3 years ago Reply

It is exhausting for them having a day out but it is worth it, as although the after effects are not nice they have had a normal day like everyone else and been out and had fun, which is great medicine in my eyes. The wheelchair is a god send already and so will the mobility badge when it comes through x

• Emma Bee (@Emmabuzzybee) 3 years ago Reply

what a great post and indeed blog, my daughter too sufferes with CFS / ME as well as CVS and autism. I can totally understand the struggle.
    I enjoy taking my daughter out too, but it wipes her out for days, thats why we plan and have a really good day.
    seeing them smile and enjoying the day makes it all worth while 🙂

admin 3 years ago Reply

I am so sorry your daughter suffers as well,it does wipe them out but the smile on their faces when they are out and about enjoying themselves makes it all worth it.

• Sarahjane 3 years ago Reply

Wow that’s lovely news! Sounds like you both had fun, great stuff!

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, we did have a laugh and was lovely having a bit of fun time x

• Hayley F 3 years ago Reply

Oh fantastic. I also have m.e/cfs among other conditions so can understand how hard it is. Have you tried hydrotherapy. I really enjoyed it. Prefer it to a normal swimming pool x

admin 3 years ago Reply

Sorry you are suffering also, no we have not tried hydrotherapy, will look into that as it sounds like a great idea and really helpful x

• Life as Mum 3 years ago Reply

Reading this has made me so happy for you both! So glad you both had a wonderful day.

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, it was pretty amazing to just be out with my special girl, and knowing we could go where we wanted without knowing she could only walk a few steps.

• Sarah Bailey 3 years ago Reply

Yay this is absolutely amazing – I am so pleased that having a chair has given her a whole new lease of life. x

admin 3 years ago Reply

She loves it, as she can go out, her friends are now desperate for her to go out with them now and are happy to push her around, I feel that with some control (as it will tire her out) she can start to also have a bit of a social life again 🙂

• Ana De- Jesus 3 years ago Reply

Aw fantastic that you got the wheelchair now she looked so happy and the badge is great, my little sister has one for parking as well.

admin 3 years ago Reply

It has made all the difference, and when the badge comes through it will make a lot of difference as will be easier parking, which we found yesterday, having to try and get her out of the car and the wheelchair, but my husband was with me yesterday which made it a lot easier x

• Sarah, Things Sarah Loves 3 years ago Reply

Awww I’m so glad you both had a lovely day together. Really pleased that you got a blue badge and you can now go swimming together – that’s wonderful.

admin 3 years ago Reply

We had a great time, and it was something we have been missing doing, the blue badge will be a huge help and she is looking forward to swimming x

• Hannah 3 years ago Reply

So happy you had a great day and can go swimming again soon now you have the badge – I love swimming x

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, it really does mean so much to be able to get out again and although it wipes her out totally, I do believe it will do her good as wellx

• Tanya Brannan 3 years ago Reply

Fantastic News! She looks really happy in her photos so it obviously was a great day! Glad you got the badge sorted too xxt

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, it was lovely having freedom again x

• Charli Bruce 3 years ago Reply

I’m so glad you were able to get out of the house and spend the day with each other, plus the fact you can now take her swimming because of the mobility badge is amazing… I can’t wait to read about more of your adventures! x

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, it was amazing going out and knowing she could have a bit of fun and a few treats, the first thing we are doing when her badge comes through is going swimming. There will be plenty more adventures to come x

• indreamworld 3 years ago Reply

Aw, that’s great that you managed a trip out, I bet you had fun. Nothing like venturing out every now and again to raise the spirits a little. 🙂
    Look forward to reading future adventures….

admin 3 years ago Reply

Thank you, we had a great trip out, not been able to venture out since but will hopefully start to get out and about soon x

• Baby Isabella 2 years ago Reply

That’s fantastic news! It’s great that you managed to get out and about and the swimming will be really good, even if it’s just floating around x Hope you have a nice Bank Holiday x

admin 2 years ago Reply

Thank you, this is an old post and was an amazing day, but hopefully we will get back to this x