Pinterest

I am well known for not understanding all the social media platforms that are around, my Daughter is forever laughing at me, for my lack of knowledge or understanding.

I have had a Pinterest board for a long time, but never really understood it, I know a lot of bloggers use it as another addition to their blog, alongside Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. But I just never really understood the whole Pinterest hype.

I am not a total novice with Pinterest, I do know how it works, and I do use it for finding new recipes and looking for ideas for the home and I have a variety of boards. I also use it a lot to save pins with my husband for photoshoot ideas, if we have a themed shoot booked.

Today, I am feeling very pleased and proud of myself, I have finally sorted out StressedMum’s Pinterest board, and added the relevant picture to the correct post, and the links work.

This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, but never really had the time or the brain power to sit and work out how to do it.

I really wish I had done this earlier though, as it is so easy to do

1. Click to add a new pin
  2. Choose pin from your device and it will bring up your saved pictures
  3. Click the picture you want and then in the comments add a link to the post you want
  4. Save the pin to your board

If you are like me and not known how to work with Pinterest, I hope this helps, because if I can do it anyone can.

Are you someone like me, who finds all the social media platforms a mystery, or do you find that you love the challenge and love working with them.

I do like the various platforms and finding out how they work, but I need to fully understand them first.

1. 2nd May 2016 / 4:19 pm

I really should get more into Pinterest! I have it but hardly use it. I need to start though.

2nd May 2016 / 7:49 pm

I am glad I have finally got my head around it, and hopefully will start using it to its full potential now x

2. 2nd May 2016 / 5:06 pm

Well done on sorting out your pinterest – I have to admit it is one platform I haven’t really got my head around :/

2nd May 2016 / 7:48 pm

Thank you, I am feeling relieved that I have finally got my head around it, I have been putting it off for so long, even today when I sat down to look at adding my posts to it, I nearly went to find something else to do x

3. 2nd May 2016 / 6:21 pm

I had pinterest for years and never quite understood it but then about August last year I properly figured it out and have been obsessed ever since, managed to get my boyfriend and a few others obsessed too! Welcome to the world of pinterest!

2nd May 2016 / 7:46 pm

Thank you, I just have never understood it for my blog, I do use it for various things and bouncing ideas with my husband for the photography x

4. 2nd May 2016 / 7:18 pm

I definitely need to invest some time into Pinterest as I don’t really understand how it can drive traffic to your blog. Well done for getting into it x

2nd May 2016 / 7:45 pm

I have honestly been scared of Pinterest, I have used it to pin things and bounce ideas for the photography with my husband, but never for my blog x

5. 2nd May 2016 / 9:33 pm

Are you finding that Pinterest is bringing you more traffic now? I have rarely had traffic come from Pinterest but then I think it is because I don’t use it enough.

2nd May 2016 / 9:41 pm

Not sure as only did this today, I will monitor and let you know x

6. 2nd May 2016 / 11:00 pm

I generally only use Pinterest when I want to try new recipes. I hear it’s super helpful for bringing in traffic though.

2nd May 2016 / 11:06 pm

I use it a lot for recipes, I know a lot of people use it for their blogs and it has been on my to do list for a while x

7. 3rd May 2016 / 5:42 am

There’s so many platforms out there it’s hard to learn how to use them all to their best advantage, I find. I do like Pinterest though. 🙂

3rd May 2016 / 9:30 am

There are a lot out there, and there is so much to know and learn I love Pinterest for finding things, just never used it alongside my blog x

8. 3rd May 2016 / 8:34 am

Ahh, Pinterest. Such a god send (or maybe not as the case may be!) when I was planning my wedding. Tell you what makes pinning to your Pinterest board from your blog EVEN EASIER – I installed the Pinterest plug in for my blog and have it on my browser… so when I hover over any images on my blog, it comes up with the ‘Pin it’ button so I can just click that and my Pinterest pin is ready made – the image is there, the link is there and even my blog title pulls through. EASY PEASY.

3rd May 2016 / 9:28 am

I am not sure if I have that, but going to inestigate that now, anything to make life even easier 🙂

9. Dean of Little Steps
    3rd May 2016 / 11:35 am

I’m the same. I’ve only been recently active on Social Media and Pinterest is something I didn’t use much either even though I’ve had a profile for ages… never really used it till now 😉

3rd May 2016 / 12:33 pm

I am the same, a sure we will get to grips with it all x

10. Marie
    3rd May 2016 / 1:27 pm

I love pinterest its where we get all our ideas for crafts for the kids and recipes! The one i cant get my head around is google plus, ive tried so many times, it would be great if there was just 1 that did everything. 🙂

3rd May 2016 / 1:54 pm

I have google + but not sure how to promote it fully maybe I should do that as my next platform to tackle

4th May 2016 / 8:11 am

Thank you I will have a look, I am still exploring really x

11. 4th May 2016 / 8:36 am

I have had Pinterest for quite awhile now, but I really don’t make the most of it. I will have to give it another try

4th May 2016 / 12:54 pm

I still am not 100% sure what it is all about, but feel happier that I now have my blog posts on there too x

12. 4th May 2016 / 2:00 pm

I’m so totally addicted to Pinterest – I think I have in the region of 30 boards at the moment ranging from my blog posts, clothes I want to buy to places I want to visit. The worst thing is venturing onto Pinterest when just a touch peckish. Some of the food pins leave me drooling!

4th May 2016 / 8:36 pm

I love the food pins, I make sure I just go on and look for something specific now or I would have thousands of pins on food x

13. 4th May 2016 / 3:45 pm

I don’t really get Pinterest either. I can barely keep up with Twitter. I am far more comfortable with Facebook. As for Instagram…..nah.

4th May 2016 / 8:33 pm

I think I have got Pinterest sussed now, twitter I am ok with and Facebook I love, Instagram I am ok with (I think) although I do steal my husbands instagram pictures sometimes 🙂

14. 4th May 2016 / 8:20 pm

I’ve been on pinterest since pretty much they were doing invite only, so I used it well before my blog. I love it, but it can suck time, plus I don’t get that much to my blog from it because my posts aren’t always the ones that do well on there. But it doesn’t take much work to do the basics, so always worth doing.

I’m generally ok with most platforms although I’m drawing the line at periscope and snapchat. I just don’t have the time to spend on more than 4 platforms!

4th May 2016 / 8:29 pm

If I am looking through for ideas, I can spend ages on there, but not really used it for my blog until now. I have never heard of periscope and no idea how snapchat can help with a blog

15. 4th May 2016 / 10:14 pm

I am just beginning to pay extra attention to my Pinterest. I am trying to grow my followers.

4th May 2016 / 11:23 pm

I haven’t even looked into growing my followers yet x

16. Fi Ni Neachtain
    5th May 2016 / 7:44 am

Pinterest is a fab site, one of my favourites, I could spend hours on there looking for inspiration.

5th May 2016 / 6:35 pm

You can get drawn into it, once you start looking for something x

17. Amy Hunt
    5th May 2016 / 8:51 am

I’m not too fussed about pinterest in terms of my website, I just love it as a personal space, although I’ve found I’m gaining followers (somehow). They must like my snazzy taste in tutu’s and health foods, haha! xx

5th May 2016 / 6:35 pm

I use it personally, but not for my blog so thought it was a bout time I gave it a go x

18. 5th May 2016 / 12:59 pm

Completely agree with you. Too many social media platforms, new ones cropping up every day. My poor little brain hurts trying to come to grips with them 😀

5th May 2016 / 6:34 pm

I am glad I am not the only one x

19. Harriet from Toby & Roo
    5th May 2016 / 3:05 pm

I use pinterest for hair styles. I think it was the “big social” forecast but it’s now replaced massively by instagram!

5th May 2016 / 6:32 pm

I use it for recipes a lot, I use instagram and post on instagram a lot but need to start looking into using it properly x

20. 5th May 2016 / 6:27 pm

I need to get into pinterest more – I always forget about it! x

5th May 2016 / 6:31 pm

I was the same, hopefully now I have seen how easy it is I will start to use it more x

21. 6th May 2016 / 8:21 am

So glad I’m not alone in this, I feel I kind of know what I’m doing with most social media’s however pinterest and stumble upon have managed to confuse me even now lol.
    X

6th May 2016 / 9:39 am

It is nice to know we are not alone, I use stumbleupon but not sure if I am using it right or not, as it really does confuse me x

22. 6th May 2016 / 12:53 pm

I have Pinterest but I’m not a huge fan of it. I find it pretty useless for my blog but there are a lot of pretty things on there and it’s fun to pin away if you’ve got nothing else to do!

6th May 2016 / 4:36 pm

I use it for a variety of pins personally and myself and my husband have ideas boards that we pin to if he has a shoot booked in, but never used it for my blog x

23. 7th May 2016 / 7:35 am

I am Pinterest Obsessed, I spend a few hours a day pinning stuff I like or want x

7th May 2016 / 2:25 pm

I do that too but not every day x