Carrot, Oats and Apple Sauce Treats for Dogs

Following on from last weeks post, where myself and Max baked Peanut Butter Honey Cakes.  We thought we would try Carrot, Oats and Apple Sauce Treats for Dogs.

Max loves his carrots and I think he was more concerned about the carrot sat on the side, but we had a little chat while we did our baking

I found the recipe for this on Pinterest, and you can find the recipe that we used here, as you can see the are very easy to make.

I think Max preferred the finished result and the taste test.

Have you made any dog friendly treats, I would love to hear if you have any tasty treats that maybe Max and I could make.

1. Ickle Pickle
    8th April 2016 / 8:47 pm

These sound yummy treatsfor dogs – Max is just gorgeous – I love big dogs. Kaz x

8th April 2016 / 9:00 pm

They do smell nice but I did not try one, Max keeps talking the where they are stored in the hope they will fall down so he can eat them. My husband only likes big dogs although Max does think he is a lapdog x

2. 8th April 2016 / 8:02 pm

What ab absolute cutie he is and I love that he sat there the whole time you made these x

8th April 2016 / 9:02 pm

Thank you, we filmed it in the studio as easier to get him in as well, he is a sucker for carrots he loves them, which is why I had one placed on the counter, and the chatter between us is very common in our house, we are always having a chat x

3. 9th April 2016 / 9:05 pm

Wow isn’t he gorgeous, it’s nice to see people being careful with what they feed their pets.

9th April 2016 / 10:50 pm

Max is very food orientated, and does love his food especially his carrots x

4. 10th April 2016 / 7:06 pm

Max is absolutely beautiful and what a little poser!

10th April 2016 / 7:47 pm

Thank you, he either co-operates or thinks it is a game and wants to play wouldn’t have him any other way though x

5. 11th April 2016 / 11:50 am

Charlie absolutely loves carrots, but I have to watch how much I give him because he would eat masses of them and then the effect isn’t great… I’m sure he’d love these!

11th April 2016 / 12:04 pm

Max has a raw food diet (well apart from the treats I am now cooking for him), and he does love his carrots as well. He is also known to help himself to tomatoes that we grow and is a nightmare if he finds the fallen apples in the garden from our tree

6. Jessica
    18th April 2016 / 1:49 pm

I will share this to my friend who has two lovely dogs but definitely picky with food. Haha. They might like this.

18th April 2016 / 5:11 pm

Our dogs loved these, sadly we only have one dog now so for the time being it is just Max’s treats x