So today is Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday as some people call it. A day that children and adults love, where you get to eat loads of pancakes, what more does anyone need.
Shrove Tuesday, is the day before Ash Wednesday and the start of lent. I know about this through growing up, but decided to do a bit more research into Shrove Tuesday.
- Shrove Tuesday is a moveable date which is determined by Easter
- In some Countries it is called Mardi Gras a day of ‘Fat Eating’
- In French ‘Mardi Gras’ means Fat Tuesday – a day for eating richer fatty foods before lent starts.
- It has been reported that on Pancake Day, we eat an amazing 52 million eggs, as opposed to 22 million on a normal day
Who does not like pancake day, I have always loved pancakes, and I remember my Grandma would make them for lunch on a Saturday at times, I would be in food heaven on those days.
How do you eat yours? are you a savoury pancake person or are you a sweet pancake person.
For me pancakes have to be sweet, here are some of the toppings I have got in for today.
- lemon and sugar
- orange and sugar
- nutella and banana
- maple syrup
- I am also going to try some delicious Joe Delucci’s ice cream