Goodbye January – Hello February

January has been and gone and we are now into the second month of the year.  I for one am glad to say goodbye to January, it really has been a rotten month for us.

As you will probably know we run our own photography business (please do not think my photos are the standard you get as I take them on my phone), unfortunately due to the horrendous weather we have been having our studio got damaged, resulting in a lot of damage and a new roof having to be put on.  We did not know whether to give it all up or repair and carry on.  We chose the latter and now my house has been taken over with camera equipment, furniture and other bits and pieces while we repair and get back in business.  But on a brighter note, I have said that it is going to look totally different and fantastic when it is finished and am getting very excited.

Also for those following my blog, my Daughter started feeling unwell on New Years Eve and is still unwell today.  I seem to be living at the Dr at the moment and am very friendly and on first name terms with the Attendance Officer at school.  They did think that it could of been Glandular Fever, but loads of tests and retests have come back negative, although her Dr said it still could be and just not showing.  We were last at the Dr this Monday and she has signed her off school this week, and arranged an emergency hospital appointment which has come through for next week, so hopefully we can get some answers.  School have been fantastic with their support, and we have tried everything to get her into school but it just knocks it out of her and he goes back down hill.  I am worried sick and just hope it is a virus and one day she is going to wake up and say I feel better.

We have had some good days in January, it was my husbands birthday and we had one of the boys with us to help celebrate which was lovely.

My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary, they went away for the weekend but have treated themselves to a river cruise in June to celebrate properly, and once my Daughter is better we are going out for a meal to celebrate properly.

February, is going to be a better month, hopefully my Daughter will be better, and if nothing more Spring is just around the corner, that always puts a smile on my face

1. 4th February 2016 / 3:36 pm

January was very stressful for me too, it’s been awful. I am really not sorry to see it go.
    Gosh, that’s awful about your studio!! I think this winter has been awful, so much wind and rain! Roll on Spring I say!
    I’ve had Glandular Fever and am now prone to it, I feel for your daughter, I really do hope she recovers soon.
    Lets hope February is better month for us.

4th February 2016 / 4:14 pm

Sorry you had a bad January as well, lets hope February is better for us. We were lucky that we could have lost a lot more than we did, and it gives us a chance to change a few things so trying to look on the positive side. They are not sure what is wrong with her, but she really is not right but hoping we get some answers next week with her hospital appointment x

2. 4th February 2016 / 4:22 pm

It’s so scary to think we’re already one month in to 2015! How fast has that gone?

I hope you get a proper diagnosis for your daughter soon. It must be such a worry. Tell her a bunch of random bloggers are sending her get well wishes. I hope she feels better soon.

4th February 2016 / 4:57 pm

Aww thank you, I will tell her. Hopefully she will start to get better soon, it can’t go on much longer surely x

4th February 2016 / 4:56 pm

Thank you, it looked worse than what it did really it is just the mess and damage. It will all look sparkly new when finished which won’t be long now. Not raining here but windy x

3. 4th February 2016 / 4:49 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your daughter being ill. Really hope they manage to figure out what’s wrong with her and get her feeling better soon!

4th February 2016 / 4:55 pm

Thank you, hopefully we will get some answers next week, or whatever it is will start to go and she will start to feel better x

4. 4th February 2016 / 9:01 pm

Oh gosh, that was a tough january for you. I really hope they can figure out why your daughter is feeling poorly x

4th February 2016 / 9:40 pm

It wasn’t the best, but we survived and hopefully we can get my Daughter better soon thank you x

5. Ickle Pickle
    5th February 2016 / 1:56 pm

Oh how awful about your studio 🙁 My teen son has too been unwell for weeks with a throat virus – it was a possibility of glandular fever at one point, but it’s not, thank goodness. I hope your daughter improves very soon. Kaz x

5th February 2016 / 2:22 pm

It was not a nice surprise when we saw the damage, but under way to look even better than before so all positive again now. Sorry about your son, I was at the stage where I wanted it to be glandular fever so at least we knew what was wrong with her. I hope your son is ok x

6. 5th February 2016 / 1:59 pm

I can’t believe it is feb already, but I am glad as Jan was much more stressful than I wanted it to be. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

5th February 2016 / 2:21 pm

I think most people had a bad January, will soon be spring and nicer weather. Thank you hopefully she will be x

7. 5th February 2016 / 2:30 pm

Hopefully February isn’t as stressful a month as January was for you

5th February 2016 / 4:29 pm

Hopefully it wont be x

8. Liz Mays
    6th February 2016 / 3:23 am

I’m so sorry to hear about the damage that was done to your studio. I hope the repairs are done quickly and you’ll be back at it before long! Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery as well.

6th February 2016 / 9:53 am

Thank you, it is coming along nicely and wont be long before we are back up and running and looking better than before.. Thank you hopefully we will get some answers this week x