Happy Friday

Well you would think so, being the end of the week and no alarms or getting up early for 2 days.

Oh no Little Miss Stroppy is in town again this morning.  I am not a morning person, I am the first one to admit that, but I am civil and I do answer if people talk to me.

This morning, Little Miss Stroppy aka my Daughter, was in a right mood, no idea why, she has lessons she likes today, it is Friday and tomorrow she has her friends for a sleepover to celebrate her birthday which was last week.  I have not even gone on about her bedroom.

I can not even take a picture and show you, it is that bad, she has cups up there, rubbish seems to miss the bin and stuff all over the place.  I have been telling her she needs to tidy it, and apparently last night she did.  So my day today, apart from everything else I have to do, is going to be gutting her bedroom.  Why are children so messy.

Yesterday, I gutted our lounge, as it had become a dumping ground, mainly because we have been so busy in the studio that is where we have been spending most of our time, and not using our lounge, and I admit there was a couple of my handbags and a couple of pairs of my boots in there.  the rest of the huge mountain was my daughters which yes I dumped in her bedroom for her to go through, so I have to sort that as well.

When she walked in from school yesterday, she came in the lounge, which was nice and tidy and just dumped her bag in the middle of the floor and her shoes in another part.  I just sat there open mouthed, she did move it when I kindly pointed out that we now have floor space and that is how it is going to stay.

I do know these moods and the mess is due to her age, I hate this age, you just never know what mood she is going to be in one second to the next, it really is like Kevin the Teenager early.

Forget the terrible 2’s that is nothing, the terrible pre-teens is far worse and from what I have been told it gets worse.

I hope you are all having a much happier Friday with your little angels.

1. Renna
    13th November 2015 / 10:01 am

Yes, I’ve heard it all gets worse too…..I’m feeling nervous about it….eeekkk

13th November 2015 / 10:49 am

I am not looking forward to it either, my friends daughter has just turned 13 so have always looked at her to see what I am in for x

2. 13th November 2015 / 10:47 am

Exactly the terrible teens are far worse than the terrible twos, in terms of mess even adults can be messy but teens are definitely the worse they leave everything everywhere.

13th November 2015 / 10:51 am

I don’t mind a bit of mess, but this was starting to become a health hazard, I have gone in and cleared the floor, rubbish and cups and glasses, put some stuff away and piled the rest on her bed. Hoovered and steamed the carpet. She now has no ipad or chargers until the rest is cleared

3. 13th November 2015 / 11:53 am

Ekk hope you get some better days soon – I’m an terror in the morning. x

13th November 2015 / 1:39 pm

I have my revenge, she can not get into her bed unless he tidies her things away, and I have taken her iPad and all chargers 🙂

4. 13th November 2015 / 7:36 pm

I remember being a teenager it’s such an angry time. I remember sitting in the back of my Mums car absolutely livid because the car was bumping along the road. It made me so mad I wanted to scream. In hindsight I now realise it was the tarmac and my hormones… there’s no accounting for the things that make teenagers angry but thankfully it passes! lol x

13th November 2015 / 7:41 pm

I know it passes thankfully, just going to be a very long and bumpy road, I do try to make allowances and know it is going to get harder

5. 13th November 2015 / 7:44 pm

You are not selling the teenage years to me very well, Sam. I’m really bricking it now. Especially as I’ll have two at the same time.

13th November 2015 / 9:45 pm

There are some good times as well so it isn’t all bad, we do have a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. I am going to have to do a post on today though, as one part was so funny but I couldn’t laugh

6. 13th November 2015 / 8:13 pm

The teen bit is definitely the worst. I found a two year old has more empathy and understanding than a teen any day of the week

13th November 2015 / 9:47 pm

I agree a with a 2 year old they will listen, with a pre-teen/teen they are a nightmare and just think it is all so unfair

7. 13th November 2015 / 8:22 pm

When I Was her age my mood swing horrible! It still does! You have loads of patience to her 🙂

13th November 2015 / 9:48 pm

I know it was a very very long time ago I was her age, but I do remember what it was like, and I know it isn’t all her fault so do try to be a bit more patient

8. Claire
    13th November 2015 / 9:01 pm

As a teacher of teenagers I can tell you it does get worse – especially in the mornings – but it also gets better, you’ll grow closer, have more mum daughter times to cherish and share. x

13th November 2015 / 9:49 pm

Thank you Claire you have made my evening, well on the bit where it does get worse. We are very close which I love I just want to carry on being close.

9. 13th November 2015 / 9:02 pm

I do feel for her, all those hormones raging, it was a horrid time x

13th November 2015 / 9:50 pm

I know I wouldn’t want to be that age again x

10. whatlauraloves
    13th November 2015 / 10:00 pm

This post is seriously putting me off ever having kids lolx xx

14th November 2015 / 9:51 am

Oh no don’t say that, being a parent is tough at times but this is only a small percentage the great times totally outweigh these moments x

11. Ickle Pickle
    13th November 2015 / 10:16 pm

Yep – this is just the beginning. Hold on tight! Kaz x

14th November 2015 / 9:50 am

12. 14th November 2015 / 8:52 am

I am not a morning person either. Not looking forward to the preteen years at all.

14th November 2015 / 9:48 am

Good luck, it isn’t all bad there are quite a few amazing times as well that totally outweigh the bad

13. tracey bowden
    14th November 2015 / 4:03 pm

Oh no I feel your pain, I am right there with my daughter, sometimes I don’t know if I want to throttle her or hug her! I know it’s not her fault but I can’t wait for this to pass (please tell me it’s soon?)

14th November 2015 / 7:41 pm

I hope it passes soon, but think we have a couple more years yet. Good luck x

14. 15th November 2015 / 9:32 pm

As we have Sunday now, how was the sleepover? any troubles or all went smoothly?

15th November 2015 / 10:22 pm

It went really well thank you for asking. I set the times at arrive at 3pm and leave 12 today, one of her friends came earlier and ended up staying until 3pm today. They were all so good, lots of chatter and laughter, they started to quiten down about 1am and just sat quietly chatting until falling asleep, so did not have to go in and tell them to be quiet. I did some baking yesterday afternoon for them as well including a birthday cake. They can definitely all come again x

15. 16th November 2015 / 8:57 am

It’s a tough stage of life to go through, both for the parent but even more so for the child. You’ll get through it though 🙂

16th November 2015 / 11:16 am

Oh we will, I would not want to be that age again and I do feel for her x

16. Catstello
    18th November 2015 / 12:32 pm

Not a morning person either. I’d be mortified if my mother was writing about me like this! Maybe show her next time she plays up

18th November 2015 / 4:25 pm

It is not all bad that I write about her, and it is all truth. Maybe showing her might make her realise it is just their age and they all go through it