Growing Up….

Today is the day my little girl started Secondary School, the start of a new chapter in her life

I remember her first day in Reception, seems a lifetime ago now.  She was still 4 years old and so excited.  I was tearful and worried all day.  Would she be ok, would she like it, would she manage without me, would she get upset.  As she was one of the older ones in the class she started full time straight away, how was my baby going to cope without me all day.

11700925_10155872456675188_954659147730242422_n

First day of reception

I did not need to worry, she loved it, had a great time and made some great friends.

Today, I have had similar worries as she starts her new chapter in Secondary School, yes today is her first day in year 7.  She was fine this morning, I was the one with butterflies, we arranged for her to meet up with friends so they could all walk into school together.  I dropped her off today, from Monday she will be getting the bus to and from school, at least no more school runs so that is a bonus :).

Obviously, she has tried her uniform on, but seeing her this morning all dressed and ready to go, it shook me how much she has changed and how much she is growing (too fast for my liking).

I am so proud of her, as she is a little trooper, she takes everything in her stride, she will not be swayed by the crowd and she knows her own mind, she is polite, caring and helpful to others. I know she will flourish in her new school

11986542_10156044752340188_2132354976250541303_n

Exactly one year apart. First day in year 6 and today first day in year 7. She has changed so much

For now, I am going to keep myself busy and watch out for the bus to go past and hear her key in the door.  Yes she now has her own door key.

Update:- She came home on the bus on her own and walked through the door with her own key, huge smile on her face, she had a fantastic day, made some new friends and loved it, apart from finding out she has maths as her first lesson on a Monday morning.  I can now stop worrying (and I found an app where I can track the bus, so knew when she had got on and when it was stopping at our stop).

1. Sim @ Sims Life
    4th September 2015 / 11:18 am

Awww bless her! The change from Year 6 to starting high school is immense – I hope she is enjoying her first week! 🙂 Sim x

4th September 2015 / 11:19 am

Thank you, she is worried more about finding her way around, but told her everyone will be feeling the same, I am the one more worried but that is what us mums do x

2. 4th September 2015 / 4:37 pm

Wow… she is growing up fast! We have started year 1 this year and know it will be over as quick as reception was. So glad she enjoyed her first day… wow they have an app for everything now!

3. Living With The Mess
    4th September 2015 / 7:23 pm

Aww, she has changed so much between those pictures! This is many years off for us yet but I can imagine what the feeling is like. Wishing her lots of fun next week! #BinkyLinky

4th September 2015 / 7:29 pm

I know I can not get over how grown up she has suddenly become. Thank you she is so enthusiastic about her new school, said I would ask her the same questions next Friday x

5th September 2015 / 8:36 am

Thank you, last year I remember thinking she looked grown up, but looking at her two pictures she looked liked a baby still last year. I told her I would be asking her next Friday if she still felt the same.

4. 4th September 2015 / 7:57 pm

My twins start nursery next week and I’m very nervous about it. Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

5th September 2015 / 8:34 am

I am sure they will have a great time and love it, I was so nervous when my daughter started and she started with half a session, I picked her up after her first one, and they said she had been fine and loved it, such a relief x

5. Tori Gabriel
    4th September 2015 / 9:45 pm

It goes so fast. I remember people telling me that when I was pregnant but I never really understood it. Ibdo now. My eldest is two next month and I feel like saying “no, go back, I wasn’t paying attention”.

She looks so different in the year apart pics.

Is the app Glympse?

5th September 2015 / 8:33 am

It does go fast, it only seems like yesterday she was toddling around, she really is growing up fast and that hit me yesterday. It honestly is like you blink and miss it. I never really took any notice of people saying that either.
      The app is timehop not heard of Glympse x

6. 5th September 2015 / 5:28 am

Wow. Big changes. I remember starting secondary school and I’m so nervous thinking about my boys doing the same. I have a few years yet seeing as my eldest has just gone into
    Year 1. I hope she continues to have a fantastic journey through school

5th September 2015 / 8:31 am

Thank you, she is full of it after her first day which is a good start, and she has made some new friends. It is such a huge step for them as all so very different to what they are used too.

7. Emma
    5th September 2015 / 2:42 pm

She’s so cute! My son just started secondary school this week too. One very emotional mummy here x

5th September 2015 / 3:04 pm

Hope he got on ok. It is very emotional, much harder than starting Reception x

8. 5th September 2015 / 2:03 pm

Aww, I still remember my first day at school… I was nervous, but I had no idea how much more nervous my mother must’ve been!

5th September 2015 / 3:05 pm

I was very proud of how she coped, I did mess about with her about my baby girl growing up making it all light hearted, but inside I was an emotional wreck.

5th September 2015 / 9:26 pm

She is still moaning about the maths now, I never liked maths either so can sympathise with her x

9. 5th September 2015 / 9:24 pm

Wow, she grew so much in just one year! It’s crazy how fast they grow 🙁 I’m not looking forward to the day my little girl starts highschool as it means she’ll be closer to moving out lol! x

5th September 2015 / 9:25 pm

I know I can’t believe just how much she has grown, you never notice it until you see pictures. I have told her she is never moving out lol x

10. Nige Higgins
    6th September 2015 / 8:41 am

She looks so grown up good luck with high school thanks for linking to the binkylinky

6th September 2015 / 9:28 am

I know it is scary how quickly they grow, thank you x

11. sara
    6th September 2015 / 12:43 pm

Why do our children grow up so quickly!!! Some days I feel like I blink and time just zooms by me.

6th September 2015 / 3:41 pm

I know I feel the same she has just gone from this little cute toddler into this young person who is growing too fast x

12. 6th September 2015 / 12:01 pm

I dread this day! I timehopped last yrs 1st day of yr 2 to the other day starting yr 3. The difference blew me away!

6th September 2015 / 3:44 pm

I know, you don’t really notice the difference until you look back and you suddenly realise how much they have grown up. Timehop is lovely for bringing back memories but also scary at reminding you that your babies are growing up x

13. 6th September 2015 / 2:33 pm

Aww bless her. It is such a transition from primary school to secondary, I remember it well! Not looking forward to it with my son!

6th September 2015 / 3:40 pm

It is a huge transition as everything is totally different, but so far she has done amazingly, she just goes along with the flow of it all x

14. 6th September 2015 / 3:39 pm

My eldest starts secondary school tomorrow and she’s super excited. I’m a nervous wreck though as I hated it when I went lol

Louise x

6th September 2015 / 3:47 pm

I hope she has a good day tomorrow, and I really sympathise with how you are feeling, I honestly hardly slept the night before and felt sick when I dropped her down to her friends so they could go in together. But she had an amazing day, totally loved it x

15. Catstello
    7th September 2015 / 8:03 am

Adorable post! So glad she had a great first day at school, I don’t even remember mine!

Catstello | http://www.cattitudeandco.uk

7th September 2015 / 8:52 am

She loved it thank you, and was eager this morning to get the bus to school, hopefully this will continue x

16. 26th September 2015 / 9:17 am

Glad that she had a great day. It’s amazing the difference a year makes in the photos. They grow up so quickly once they start Secondary School.

26th September 2015 / 2:32 pm

I agree, she has grown and changed so much in the few weeks she has been there, it is amazing how grown up she is now x

17. 26th September 2015 / 9:28 am

I thought my son starting reception was bad. I’m dreading the start of high school. Mainly because I can remember my own first day of high school and how scary it was. I had such fun at high school and some great memories. But them first couple of days were terrifying! I’m glad she’s settling in well!

26th September 2015 / 2:30 pm

If I am honest I think I found it harder her starting secondary school to her starting reception. I am so relieved she has settled well and is enjoying it x

18. 30th September 2015 / 10:39 am

Wow, what a huge change in just a year. Lovely that she enjoyed her first day. Long may it continue!

30th September 2015 / 2:06 pm

Thank you, she has changed so much and has changed even more since starting Secondary School which she is still loving x