Lost -Social Life

Lost -Social Life

Lost – Social Life if found please return.

Do you remember those days before you had your children? When the weekends meant nice long lie ins.  Then out shopping on a Saturday afternoon browsing the shops. Looking for that latest dress or pair of shoes you just had to have for that night. Having lunch with the girls, maybe a glass of wine or two.  Then getting ready for an evening out, whether it be to a party, dinner, drinks with friends, clubbing. Staggering home early hours of Sunday morning. And then having a lovely lie in and lazy Sunday, or back down the pub in the afternoon/evening. Maybe popping out in the evenings during the week. Basically, just doing what you wanted when the mood took you.

Life Changes

Then, you become a Mum (or Dad) and life changes. You stop going out as much when pregnant. If like me because you were just too ill to move from anywhere very far, tiredness or just feel to huge to go anywhere.  Then baby arrives and outings then become a major affair of everything needed for the baby, nappies, wipes, bottles, change of clothes etc etc, then just as you are about to go out, baby decides to be sick and you need to change them, by the time you get to set foot out the door, you are shattered.

Then they start nursery, and play dates are arranged, which is lovely they get to play and socialise, while we get to make friends and have a coffee in some sort of peace without too many interruptions. They then start school, and it is play dates, going to friends for tea, or friends coming round for tea, and as they get older sleepovers.

This week is their first full week of summer holidays and so far her diary has been.

Monday – Swimming and then to a friends for a sleepover that evening (me driving her to swimming and back and then to her friends later on)

Tuesday – pick up daughter from her friends

Wednesday – Bowling

Thursday – An actual day at home having a lazy day fingers crossed

Friday – Another sleepover

My social life has been meeting my friend who she had a sleepover with and at the bowling, which was lovely.

And, although I sometimes dream for those pre-children days of lazy weekends and going out whenever you feel like it. I really wouldn’t change my life now, no matter how envious I am that my 11-year-old has a much better social life than I do.

You might also like

Comments (18)

• Tori Gabriel 4 years ago Reply

Life certainly changes when the kifs come along LOL. Great post (as always). Shared on Twitter for you. X

admin 4 years ago Reply

Thank you, it certainly does. And thank you for sharing x

• LIANNE 4 years ago Reply

I hear ya!! Having a big age gap between children is hard too. My eldest was 10 when my youngest was born, so I’d kinda got my life back on track and a bit of a social life going on, then I had LO and it disappeared again!! 🙂 #BinkyLinky

admin 4 years ago Reply

Children do change your life in a lot of ways, and lack of social life is one of those. Thank you for stopping by x

• twinmumamongstotherthings 4 years ago Reply

Every three months I beg my parents to have my twins overnight so hubby and I can have a big night out and a lovely, lazy recovery day. Highy recommend shameless begging! 😀 #binkylinky

admin 4 years ago Reply

Oh I am lucky my parents are on hand to babysit anytime, and even when she was a baby my Mum would say you need time away from her, but it is the next day, recovering from a night out and having to deal with a baby/toddler/young person. Much easier now she is 11.

• Alison 4 years ago Reply

I must admit I’m a homebody, always happiest curled up on the sofa with my husband, watching TV. Although I really miss being able to go to the cinema once in a while — haven’t been in years. #binkylinky

admin 4 years ago Reply

I am a homebody now but do love the occasional night out x

• Janet Yarwood 4 years ago Reply

My 13 month old has a better social life than I do! She’s always off to parties or one of her other many social activites.
    I like to think my social life hasn’t disappeared, it’s just changed. I might not be in town till silly o clock anymore but I’ve made some fab mummy friends and a bru at soft play is almost the same! 😀

admin 4 years ago Reply

Your social life does change and if I am honest, I really do not think I would be able to cope with my old life style before kids x

• Emily 4 years ago Reply

I actually have more friends now that I have children. My social life is pretty good – I usually meet friends a few times a week with their kids and mine then we all go somewhere together which is nice. Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

admin 4 years ago Reply

A few of my really good friends are mum friends met at the school gates

• Nige Higgins 4 years ago Reply

Life certainly does change but the rewards for me having children are amazing thanks for linking to the Binkylinky

admin 4 years ago Reply

It does change, and the best thing ever to happen to me x

• Karly 4 years ago Reply

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you’ve obtained here, certainly like what you are stating and the way by which you assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a tremendous site.

admin 4 years ago Reply

• jewelry for brides 4 years ago Reply

I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have introduced for your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very quick for beginners. Could you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

admin 4 years ago Reply

Thank you for your comments, and have taken on board your comments, and will have a look at the post again when I get a chance x