What is your worst job?

What is your worst job?

I may have introduced myself to you all in my new beginnings new beginnings post, but I did forget to tell you about my lack of enthusiasm for housework.

What are my worst jobs?

As I sat here this morning, thinking of all the jobs I have to do today, it got me thinking.

We all know housework, is boring but it needs doing and we just get on with it. But what is your worst jobs around the house.  Here are a few of mine

Shopping

Every week, I go to the supermarket with my list (in my head) of what I need to buy.  How many meals I need to buy for.  I just wish it was that simple, you then have to think if I do this, then so and so wont eat it, or I fancy something different but will they moan.  So, I usually end up buying the same old things. But trying to add something a little bit different to it.

And then, you get it home and have to unpack it all and find room in your cupboards, fridge and freezer.  That has to be one of the worst jobs.

Ironing

I just can not stand ironing, to me it is one of the most boring jobs in the world.  I do try to make myself do my ironing daily, and then it does not build up. Because if I see a huge pile of ironing I go into denial. I just add to the pile and walk away and then iron the bits we need as we go.

It really is the worst job

This is until I have to come out of my denial and just get on with it.  Where I then put something on the TV and get on with it, moaning all the way.

And then, the putting it all away, that is just as bad as standing there doing all the ironing.

Washing

I don’t mind washing, I mean, it is hardly difficult to put a load of washing in a washing machine and press a button, I don’t mind hanging the washing out, as to me on a lovely sunny day, there is nothing nicer than looking at clean washing on the line drying, and the smell when you bring it in.

I do not like, bringing the washing in off the line, then to fold it all and put it into piles of who the washing belongs to, and the ironing pile.  Then putting it all in the correct place.

Changing the beds

I am fine stripping the beds, but it is the making of them, I know it is one of those jobs that really doesn’t take too long, but I just hate making beds.

I do, however, love getting into a nice freshly made bed, so it is worth it.

Kitchen

After preparing a meal, you clean the kitchen over and you walk away coffee in hand, with everything nice and clean. Only to walk back in there later on, and someone has also being making something to eat or drink, and it is filthy, and think why did I bother

I have shared mine, what are yours?

These are just a few of my least favourite jobs around the house, I could go on and probably list all the jobs.

What are your least favourite jobs

What is your worst job?

You might also like

Comments (45)

• admin 4 years ago Reply

• Tori Gabriel 4 years ago Reply

Laundy. It never ends. As soon as one load is put away there’s another lot to fold. It doesn’t help that I won’t let my hubby put the children’s clothes away because I have a system and he messes it up (I am so sad, I even have colour coded hangers!)

admin 4 years ago Reply

I don’t mind the laundy, I just don’t like the ironing that to me is one job I will put off until I have no choice. At the moment my worst job is sorting my daughters room, she is going away next week and we are going to decorate it, but her dad has stated he is not setting foot in her room until it is sorted, we are on day 2 today

• Ironing. Hate it. Piled high on my table. Sorting and putting clothes away. Hate it. Emptying the dishwasher. The list goes on….. You wouldn’t think that my visa said housewife on it…. x

admin 4 years ago Reply

I hate ironing, I have a huge pile to do, I hate ironing shirts the most and that is what my daughter wears daily now :(. My list is the same as yours, I am not a born housewife but luckily my husband is understanding x

• LaaLaa 3 years ago Reply

I don’t like ironing but I’m such a fan of cleaning lol so with one dislike there’s a like x

admin 3 years ago Reply

Ironing has to be one of my worst jobs especially in this weather x

• Nikki 3 years ago Reply

I hate ironing and only iron on a strictly needs must basis! Gardening comes a close second too 🙂

admin 3 years ago Reply

I hate ironing too, I think I will get my ironing done today, but then it gets such a huge pile I give in and do it, and promise myself not to let it build up, I can not stand gardening either that is torture to me x

• samantha rickelton 3 years ago Reply

Putting washing away – AH I just can’t stand it. I don’t iron at all either, life is too short 😀

That bores me as well x

• As a food blogger, I love doing the grocery shopping! I love looking around and being inspired by all the things I could make 🙂 I HATE changing the bedsheets though, I always end up in such a tangle!

admin 3 years ago Reply

I go shopping and nine times out of ten get no inspiration or know someone will moan, I hate changing the beds but love clean sheets x

• Harriet from Toby & Roo 3 years ago Reply

LAUNDRY. Said with a shudder. There is a constant pile in my kitchen that is the same size as my kids, I just do not have the time, energy or interest in putting it away every day, so it sits, folded and clean, in the basket for a day or two until I can bring myself to do it haha!

admin 3 years ago Reply

I am the same, I have a huge pile waiting to go away as well, I keep hoping the fairy will appear and do it for me x

• Milly Youngman 3 years ago Reply

Either emptying the washing machine or washing up dishes, for me!

Milly | Mini Adventures

admin 3 years ago Reply

I don’t mind emptying the washing machine I get satisfaction seeing my clothes on the line drying, washing up is not one of my favourites either x

• Ana De- Jesus 3 years ago Reply

I hate ironing it is so boring and it really does drag on. I also do not like purging cupboards.

admin 3 years ago Reply

I agree ironing is the worst job in the world, it is always never ending x

• Liz Mays 3 years ago Reply

Hmm, this is a tough one for me. I don’t mind shopping because we usually go out to eat on the same nights. I think cleaning and organizing the kitchen after big meals is probably the worst for me.

admin 3 years ago Reply

Cleaning the kitchen doesn’t really bother me as I like my kitchen to be clean and get satisfaction when it is x

• Rhian Westbury 3 years ago Reply

Ironing is definitely my least favourite which is why I always hang my clothes up to dry so I rarely have to iron them x

admin 3 years ago Reply

What a great idea, I hate ironing it just bores me x

• Washing up is probably my least favourite job. There is just so much with being a recipe developer. Luckily my husband does most of it 😉

admin 3 years ago Reply

I can imagine what your washing up must be like developing recipes, I bet your husband is more than happy to help if he gets to taste the finished results x

• Tara 3 years ago Reply

It’s got to be ironing for me, I always always put it off

admin 3 years ago Reply

Same here, I have been saying all week I need to do my ironing, it is still sitting there and the pile is getting bigger x

• Jessica 3 years ago Reply

Ironing and I can never go together. Let me do the laundry the whole day than ironing clothes. Haha

Totally agree x

• Melissa Zia 3 years ago Reply

For me it has to be ironing and laundry, it’s never ending haha

admin 3 years ago Reply

Our laundry basket is empty today, well until later a very rare occurance, but agree with the ironing x

• Hannah 3 years ago Reply

I hate doing the dishwasher – so boring!

admin 3 years ago Reply

I don’t mind loading the dishwasher but hate emptying it that is boring x

• Agata 3 years ago Reply

Ironing is a true hate of mine. I hardly ever iron anything these days but on the rare occasion that I have to make something perfect, it really puts me into a crappy mood.

admin 3 years ago Reply

I think ironing is winning most people seem to hate it x

• Charli Bruce 3 years ago Reply

Your list could be my list! I feel exactly the same. Although, I think added to mine would be mopping the floors… I hate it! Especially as someone will normally walk over them before they’re dry, they take so long to do and I just genuinely think I have better things to do with my time haha! (We only have floors you can mop throughout the whole house… It’s SO annoying!)

Great minds think alike 🙂
    Mopping floors doesn’t stress me out anymore having 2 dogs one of them will always walk on them anyway x

• Rachel 3 years ago Reply

Cleaning the oven… always makes me feel really minging and I do clean it regularly x

admin 3 years ago Reply

I hate cleaning my oven, but the thought of it more than the cleaning as I like the finished results x

• Jo 3 years ago Reply

Cleaning the oven. I have arthritis in my knee and struggle to get down and scrub with gusto! It so needs doing now but i just try to ignore it lol

admin 3 years ago Reply

That must be a struggle :(, ignoring is a great option though x

• Mandi 3 years ago Reply

My worst job is putting the clothes away, I actually enjoy ironing and find it quite relaxing (I seem to be in the minority on this thread!) but finding space to put all the clothes is a job I detest.

admin 3 years ago Reply

I have a friend who loves ironing so you are not alone, I don’t mind too much with the putting it away

• Anosa 3 years ago Reply

These are my lest favourite jobs too but since I live alone I have no one to do them for me lol so stuck with them

admin 3 years ago Reply

At least you can tidy up and it stays tidy, the rest I feel for you as you can not delegate x